PSA : I've resigned as a staff member

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    I can only imagine.

Now we need Reed to step down aswell, he took a turn for the worse aswell but I think he likes the "power."

Boston was and still is cool.

Either way, great to have you back bro.. Hope you enjoy this place more now!
    Do you guys get paid btw?
    I can't speak for REED or Boston, but I never got paid a cent. That's another thing that really pissed me off and lead to this decision, honestly. It's not just the fact that there's no financial compensation for all the time you have to put in checking out reported posts, banning users, deleting, merging, and sticking posts and threads - It's the fact that I got no compensation at all.

A good example would be how Boston and REED both have unlimited karma. I did the same job that they did for the most part and asked BPP for unlimited karma multiple times and never got it. I know that probably seems like a stupid thing, but it was what I wanted to do with it that would've made a difference : I wanted the unlimited K so that I could use it to reward you guys for making this a better lounge. I planned on dishing it out as a reward system of sorts for good posting or helping us with our jobs. Like when you guys tell us about a thread that needs investigating (like Anorak just did with the muslim bashing threads) - We can't be everywhere at once, so I wanted that karma to encourage users to take a more active role in cleaning this place up.

Maybe it would've worked. Maybe it wouldn't have. But I was never even given the opportunity to try it out and that irked me. It could've made my job a bit easier and it would've given you guys a new policy to vote on, giving you a voice and bringing you into the fold a bit regarding site duties, which is what I always strived for when I was a staff member.

Comment

Didn't know being a mod was such a hassle. I liked the way you handled things around here, lenient when the situation called for leniency, strict when it was necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        lol! I been asked several times to be a job steward in my 18 years as an ironworker but always refused because I didn't want to hear people cry & whine about stuff. on one job a few years back I was temporary steward for 3 days. the superintendant yelled at a few French guys & they approached me & refused to go back to work until they got an apology. i'm like WTF? really an apology? this super was one of the craziest f**ks I ever heard of & was an old school hard ass screamer who started in the early 70s. I looked at these French guys & told them are you serious? they were pretty lazy guys & none of them could climb so they were not exactly important hands on the job. onr guy was even in the military for years. they stuck to their guns & wanted me to pass the message to the super. I told the super not to shoot the messenger & told them what the crew wanted. he almost blew a gasket & said they either get back to work or he would fire them... all of them took their ball & went home. they all quit... same sort of crap I bet you have here with all the little internet cry babies... f**king panzies!
        It's really not that different at all. It's amazing how the behavior of supposedly grown men can degenerate into full on temper-tantrums and cries of injustice at the drop of a hat.

There's not enough excedrin in the world to deal with all of the bull**** that goes on behind the scenes here.

Comment

I thought you were a very even-handed mod and did a lot to stop some of the bull**** that was running rampant.

Your annihilation of the Z Clan will always be remembered as a classic BoxingScene moment. I don't know if any of the other moderators would have even lifted a finger about those guys.

Sad to see you become a civilian again. I hope your replacement is equally as "firm but fair."
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 08-10-2014, 07:53 PM.

Comment

they should make me a mod... I would be so hated as I don't put up with whiny little pu**ies...I 'dban them just for crying & being such panzies... i'd fill out a hurt feelings report before I ban them...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              they should make me a mod... I would be so hated as I don't put up with whiny little pu**ies...I 'dban them just for crying & being such panzies... i'd fill out a hurt feelings report before I ban them...
              You'd think it would be that simple, but it's not. You ban someone and everybody on their friends list immediately takes to whining and inquiring about why they were banned too. When you ban someone you can take one of two approaches : The Boston/REED approach of "it's none of your business" or my approach of explaining the situation. Each comes with their own pitfalls.

For the Boston/REED approach, that saves you the headache of having to explain your actions to every dip**** who comes inquiring, but it also makes you look like a power-tripping assh*le to most of those concerned.

For my approach, you take on the headache in the hopes that explaining the situation to the concerned parties will leave everybody satisfied and you won't end up being compared to Adolf Hitler.

Modding is basically American politics with no compensation. Hence the resignation.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                You'd think it would be that simple, but it's not. You ban someone and everybody on their friends list immediately takes to whining and inquiring about why they were banned too. When you ban someone you can take one of two approaches : The Boston/REED approach of "it's none of your business" or my approach of explaining the situation. Each comes with their own pitfalls.

For the Boston/REED approach, that saves you the headache of having to explain your actions to every dip**** who comes inquiring, but it also makes you look like a power-tripping assh*le to most of those concerned.

For my approach, you take on the headache in the hopes that explaining the situation to the concerned parties will leave everybody satisfied and you won't end up being compared to Adolf Hitler.

Modding is basically American politics with no compensation. Hence the resignation.
                they would fire me in a couple days because I would tell the person I am banning how much of a whiny little bi*ch they are. I would tell them exactly why they are a bi*ch & why i'm banning such a pu**y. I would actually PM a hurt feelings report we use to give to the whiners on the job site... I would be compared to hitler & it wouldn't bother me one bit. F**kin crybabies...

Comment

i was just kidding about the 40 emails asking you to ban Larry, Mike

welcome back

Comment

Some sensitive biches here. People actually message you that often?

Comment

I would like to go on record that the lounge has been a better place with Bringer on staff. The last week or two the lounge in his absense has fallen with threads that should not have been made and wouldn't have with moderation.

Comment

Working...
                      X