No announcement yet.

Could Floyd have maintained the shoulder roll against Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    SRL lost to Duran because he went in there and tried to fight Duran's fight. In the second fight he went in there and boxed circles around him. Do people forget Floyd's feet at the lower weights? There is a chance he would box circles around Duran. Duran is the only of the four horsemen I think Floyd beats.
    so running away and throwing about 10 punches a rd was ray leonards normal style? if so ray leonard must have been a boring ****

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
      what a load of crap

floyd doesn't tire his opponents out using his defense...he sets up quick counters that way

in fact i've never seen floyd tire out an opponent, he always fights at a moderate pace and makes his opponents fight at the same pace

hatton was not fatigued as he's always enjoyed great conditioning...he was frustrated and got wild just like he did in the first two rounds with pac

people who think mayweather only relies on his shoulder roll for defense should learn how to watch boxing...he used it primarily early in his career but certainly not exclusively... he actually switches up his defense tactics now that he's become less mobile
      When people miss they tire much quicker especially mentally dumba$$

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Ray Leonard fought how he always fought in the first fight. He came to fight, that was Ray Leonard in a nutshell, a fighter. Duran was just the better fighter on the night.

In the second fight he changed up his style and adjusted a little. Still didn't fight all that much different.
        You forgot to add that Duran wasn't even thinking of making a rematch that soon he was partying away weighing 190 when his manager signed the fight without Roberto's Knowledge forcing him to cut a lot of weight. Leonard people were aware of Durans partying how he bloated up in weight after fights

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Ray Leonard fought how he always fought in the first fight. He came to fight, that was Ray Leonard in a nutshell, a fighter. Duran was just the better fighter on the night.

In the second fight he changed up his style and adjusted a little. Still didn't fight all that much different.
          I disagree, I think there is a very clear difference in the strategy and approach he employed in the second fight. I was just watching Sugar Ray's Greatest Hits last week and he was going over both of these fights. I am pretty much repeating what his take on the two matches was. I feel like he kept Duran turning and at a distance better for him most of the second fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
            No, the velocity of punches and the force that they would come in would be too much for floyd to handle.
            Wrong, Floyd tilts his shoulder and your punches avoids a clean lands, only glancing! He did it against Ortiz in the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              You forgot to add that Duran wasn't even thinking of making a rematch that soon he was partying away weighing 190 when his manager signed the fight without Roberto's Knowledge forcing him to cut a lot of weight. Leonard people were aware of Durans partying how he bloated up in weight after fights
              That's the story I've always heard -- and I don't doubt it -- Duran's ballooning between fights is legendary. Roberto is my favorite all-time fighter, but you know what they say about excuses...

Comment

Originally posted by Leonf96 View Post
                Hell......no
                Just to point ou that the picture you have reminds me of the rear end of one of my daughter's horses. Except..the expression on her face seems to indicate she is doing something remarkable....I wonder what??

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  SRL lost to Duran because he went in there and tried to fight Duran's fight. In the second fight he went in there and boxed circles around him. Do people forget Floyd's feet at the lower weights? There is a chance he would box circles around Duran. Duran is the only of the four horsemen I think Floyd beats.
                  One of the biggest myths in boxing. He fought like he always did.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    That's the story I've always heard -- and I don't doubt it -- Duran's ballooning between fights is legendary. Roberto is my favorite all-time fighter, but you know what they say about excuses...
                    If you consider the way Leonard and his team always traced out every move the potential opponent was making, where he went, what he did, how much he was boozing....everything. Leonard's own description of what he was doing for months before the Hagler fight shows more in-depth searching that a CIA investigation....

The last time I saw Duran, about 2 years ago, he looked about 20o, a huge stomach-bloated.

Comment

He didn't try "to fight Duran 's fight" . He couldn't fight any other way, Duran was chasing him and catching him on the ropes, so Leonard HAD to fight back. Duran was pressuring him all the way and Leonard just couldn't get away. Round after round was the same. The second fight was pretty even when Duran quit. I believe him that he was as sick as a dog, because I seem to recall that he threw up in his corner. Also he had to cut about 40 lbs in a short time.

He just wasn't prepared, if he had been, I believe he might have beaten Leonard easier. Duran was a guy who couldn't really be hurt, had a massive attack, and was a very good inside fighter. Only Benny Leonard and Joe Gans were better lightweights in history. And this is debateable.

Comment

Working...
                      X