Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britain vs US, who invented the best sports and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't close at all tbh. Britain.

I think we may have invented actual Baseball too? Heard it on the radio a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post

Agreed....Baseball and american football "watchable"

Basketball seems alright but I have no interest in watching it.

Football>>>Baseball and handegg.
      F1>>>NASCAR
      I like baseball. It's a technical game, I enjoy it. It's not as good as cricket and I think that some of the theatrics don't suit the pace and manner of the game, but I still enjoy it.

Check out the umpire's method of making calls. In this one a cricket umpire is declaring that a batsmen is "out".

In this one the baseball umpire is declaring that someone isn't out but will be in two more tries:

Calm down, Darth Vader! And take that silly hat off!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        What's amazing is that you've just described American Football, basketball and baseball as being "watchable". If they were "watchable" then more people would watch them worldwide.

"Gee yawl, NASCAR is way more watchable than that dagnabbit formeela wun cus it don't have all a those distractin' right turns YEEEEHAAAAW!"

Our sports are watched all over the world. How much and how often is another matter !!! Your government taxes you guys for just watching your telly !!! Draw your own conclusions.

As far as NASCAR I couldn't care less. So yeehaw to that !!!

Comment

America, without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            What's interesting about watching the Olympics on American TV is that they change their way of calculating the medal standings depending on whether or not the US has won the most golds or has won the most medals overall. Their goal is not accurately reflecting the performance, it is to make it look like America is winning.

Double plus good.
            HAHAHAAHA.

USA 110 medals versus Great Britain 47 medals, you're right, I can see how American networks can flip the script in our favor.

Comment

just keep inventing sports and we will keep dominating them

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                Our sports are watched all over the world. How much and how often is another matter !!! Your government taxes you guys for just watching your telly !!! Draw your own conclusions.

As far as NASCAR I couldn't care less. So yeehaw to that !!!
                The tax for watching TV is cheaper than 2 PPV's.

We pay 25 dollars a ppv but get fights like Matweather - Oriz free anyway.

How can you say more watchable and then disqualify the numbers that watch it? That just becomes an opinion.

Yeah I am the best boxer in the whole world even though I got knocked out by a guy who has never lost?

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  HAHAHAAHA.

USA 110 medals versus Great Britain 47 medals, you're right, I can see how American networks can flip the script in our favor.
                  It is true that you guys are good at the olympics for sure, but in the past you have had some famous juicers.

With a population of 307 million, you do good.
                  We have 62 million and do good for that.

Comment

Originally posted by bullq21 View Post
                    just keep inventing sports and we will keep dominating them

Comment

Britain obv.

It's funny seeing people arguing about sports. I like watching the majority of sports - football, cricket, rugby, tennis, Am. football, basketball. Wasn't a big fan of US sports few years ago but I'm really getting into them now especially with the continuous pussification of football.

Comment

Working...
                      X