Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a catchweight title fight what happens if 1 fighter comes in over the catchweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a catchweight title fight what happens if 1 fighter comes in over the catchweight

but under or at the limit of the division weight limit of the belt?

So lets say fighter A is the WW champ
    Fighter B wants a catchweight of 144

They both agree.

Fighter A is 147 at the weight in

Does the catchweight agreement effect the sanctioning body? Or do they not observe it?

One of the things I liked of Mayweather was when He said: Fck it, you are fighting a welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
      One of the things I liked of Mayweather was when He said: Fck it, you are fighting a welterweight.
      right that was a non title fight though

lets say Martinez says f it and comes in at 160

does it effect the titles Im wondering like it would as if he came in at 161 and lost them at the scales..

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post

They both agree.

Does the catchweight agreement effect the sanctioning body? Or do they not observe it?
        As ridiculous as it sounds, the belt would then be off the table I believe.

To fighter X: "although you made the weight limit, you did not make the weight limit. Better luck next time, good luck tomorrow."

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
          As ridiculous as it sounds, the belt would then be off the table I believe.

To fighter X: "although you made the weight limit, you did not make the weight limit. Better luck next time, good luck tomorrow."

Comment

thats not true

in terms of it still being a title fight that would be up to the governing body. If they agreed to let the terms of the contract dictate then I could see them agreeing to the title being off the table

in reality it's all up to the terms agreed upon in the contract and by the governing body

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post

They both agree.

the sanctioning org will probably penalize the guy that didn't make weight as per the contract.

unfortunately for JMM's dumb ass, he decided to fight wifebeater jr even after he failed to make weight. And wifebeater jr didn't get penalized either because JMM allowed wifebeater jr to redo the contract a few days before the fight.

Comment

Working...
              X