No announcement yet.

Calzaghe Diehard Stans, Come In Here. *Dawson Related*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
    Six months ago people were holding up Pavlik's record saying it was better than Calzaghe's. This has been going on for years and the truth is there is nothing Calzaghe can do to convince some people.

It was better than Calzaghes record six months ago. But since Calzaghe's victory over a over the hill RJJ, that has somewhat changed. Also, as Hopkins demolished Pavlik since then.

Comment

I'd love to see Calzaghe fight Dawson before he retires, but I fear that it will be similiar to the Lacy situation if he wins. Before the fight people will be claiming Calzaghe has no chance against a superior opponent, but afterwards will turn around and say 'he was overrated'.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
        I'd love to see Calzaghe fight Dawson before he retires, but I fear that it will be similiar to the Lacy situation if he wins. Before the fight people will be claiming Calzaghe has no chance against a superior opponent, but afterwards will turn around and say 'he was overrated'.

You cant be serious comparing Dawson to Lacy... Common dude.

Dawson is the best light heavy at the moment. He's a completely different fighter than Lacy.

Comment

Sure, why not. Give the young man his shot. I see nothing wrong with Chad's record. Make it happen Some one is bound to get lucky and beat Calzaghe just like that bum (Taylor) beat Hopkins and chased him out of the Middle weight division. No one is chasing Calzaghe out of his old division so I still see Joe C being all that he can be and is at his new weight class.

Comment

I have no problem as a Calzaghe fan seeing him beat Dawson. But the thing is there's no point. He gains nothing from it. It will just turn into Dawson is overated, who has he fought etc.

Or if it's a close decision it will be "OMG Dawson was screwed what a robery!!1"

Calzaghe won't ever win over the American public so there's really no point fighting on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
              Great thread 2501.

Very intelligent.
              I agree

Calzaghe needs to step up and give Dawson his shot, he earned it. He knows he will be knocked out so he wont though.

Comment

It was better than Calzaghes record six months ago. But since Calzaghe's victory over a over the hill RJJ, that has somewhat changed. Also, as Hopkins demolished Pavlik since then.
                So beating Edison Miranda and Jermain Taylor twice eclipses what Calzaghe had achieved? Please, spare me the crap.

Comment

You cant be serious comparing Dawson to Lacy... Common dude.

Dawson is the best light heavy at the moment. He's a completely different fighter than Lacy.
                  No I'm not saying they're the same level of fighter. I'm just saying that IF Calzaghe beats him, public opinion of Dawson will change dramatically. He'll go from a skilled, prime fighter to overrated overnight. The same as what happened with the Lacy fight. Beforehand he was "the new Tyson", whereas afterwards he was "never that good anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by BULLIT View Post
                    I agree

Calzaghe needs to step up and give Dawson his shot, he earned it. He knows he will be knocked out so he wont though.

Exactly... For some reason these Calzaghe fans keep comapring Dawson to Lacy but fail to realise their two completely different fighters.

Comment

Exactly... For some reason these Calzaghe fans keep comapring Dawson to Lacy but fail to realise their two completely different fighters.
                      Read my post. I'm not comparing Dawson/Lacy as a fighter. I'm just saying that Calzaghe will never be popular in the US.

Comment

Working...
                      X