Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wards got a clear path to greatness if he wants it....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wards got a clear path to greatness if he wants it....

....and it doesnt involve a circus fight at heavy against some cherrypicked clown.

However, much like roy jones did, i can see ward fighting some chump at heavyweight and then riding off into the sunset.

Ward has unfinished business at light heavyweight. He needs to fight stevenson, theres no reason that fight shouldnt happen.

After that, beterbiev deserves his shot. You can all say 'waa waa waa whos he beat, hes beat noone'. I was the idiot saying that about spence, give these guys a shot and they might surprise you.

And Ive said all this for a while before you accuse me of downplaying kovalev, but who had he actually beaten? Dont get angry, just answer that question.

All you guys were clowning him before the first fight after he looked bad against chilemba. Now its the best win ever lol. Hes a world level fighter but theres other dogs in that division too, that 'pound for pound' talk was complete and utter bull**** (again i said that before the 1st fight), who suddenly decided they were the 2 best fighters in the sport, j-prince?

To be the best in that division he has to clean it out, and he has to fight stevenson and beterbiev. No reason he cant if he doesnt retire in the next couple of years.

After that, he can fight usyk. Its ward whos initiated the talk about moving up in weight after all.

The fights are there, theres no shortage of competition. Ward is in a position where he can get a great CV, will he go for it?

Only fight @175lbs is Stevenson to unify.
    (After that the division cant afford a Fight for Ward)

At Cruiser the division is also lacking the name to generate any $$.
    Vs. Parker @HW or Vs. Bellew are the only fights I see above cruiser.

Comment

Fight Gennady Golovkin at 168 lbs. Without his hometown ref and judges.

Ward does the stanky leg.

Comment

He is already great

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          ....and it doesnt involve a circus fight at heavy against some cherrypicked clown.

However, much like roy jones did, i can see ward fighting some chump at heavyweight and then riding off into the sunset.

Ward has unfinished business at light heavyweight. He needs to fight stevenson, theres no reason that fight shouldnt happen.

After that, beterbiev deserves his shot. You can all say 'waa waa waa whos he beat, hes beat noone'. I was the idiot saying that about spence, give these guys a shot and they might surprise you.

And Ive said all this for a while before you accuse me of downplaying kovalev, but who had he actually beaten? Dont get angry, just answer that question.

All you guys were clowning him before the first fight after he looked bad against chilemba. Now its the best win ever lol. Hes a world level fighter but theres other dogs in that division too, that 'pound for pound' talk was complete and utter bull**** (again i said that before the 1st fight), who suddenly decided they were the 2 best fighters in the sport, j-prince?

To be the best in that division he has to clean it out, and he has to fight stevenson and beterbiev. No reason he cant if he doesnt retire in the next couple of years.

After that, he can fight usyk. Its ward whos initiated the talk about moving up in weight after all.

The fights are there, theres no shortage of competition. Ward is in a position where he can get a great CV, will he go for it?
          I hate to break it to you, but he is already a first ballot hall of famer.

Kessler
          Bika
          Froch
          Abraham
          Dawson
          Kovalev

All world champions, Kessler, Froch, and Kovalev elite world champions. Almost all of the guys above became world champions again AFTER Ward beat them. Certainly Dawson was drained, but he made the decision to call out Ward and go down to 168 himself.

Green
          Miranda

These two guys are as good as, and as dangerous as gatekeeper/fringe world level guys get.

I would say it's more likely than not that Barrera wins a title and goes on to have a solid career.

Kovalev was the icing on the cake. A near prime, undefeated p4p fighter. You can try and downplay him all you like but he decimated some good fighters before Ward, and then competed on even terms with Ward for about 18 rounds.

Not only has Ward gone through the above names undefeated but he has done it for the most part, in a dominant fashion.

He is an Olympic gold medalist who hasn't lost for over 20 years. Even if you gave the first fight to Kovalev it was still 20 years.

Ward is no Mayweather or Roy Jones, but he is a great fighter in his own right and is a sure fire hall of famer. Only Pacquiao has accomplished more out of the current active fighters.

Anything he does now is the cherry on top, it just enhances an already solidified legacy. He should be chasing the biggest money fights he can and naturally those fights normally equate to tough fights. I think the biggest money fights for him are against one of the Eddie Hearn (Sky PPV) UK guys ie. Bellew, Degale, etc. Stevenson for all the belts, or GGG if he beats Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            I don't think he's disputing that man. He's talking about how Ward punches the ticket on ATG talks.

Comment

I can remember seeing a interview where a boxing pundit stated that Andre Ward? Cannot become a superstar! But in the immediate aftermath of Virgil Hunters suggestion, that Andre Ward can beat Anthony Joshua! (There is a now massive potential that Andre Ward could become a legitimate superstar! I honestly believe he could beat Joseph Parker, and if i was Virgil Hunter this is the heavyweight fight i would be aiming to fight! And then after they capture the heavyweight title? Call out Anthony Joshua! From a marketing perspective, this makes more sense to slay Joshua in this fashion!)...

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post

Kessler
                Bika
                Froch
                Abraham
                Dawson
                Kovalev

All world champions, Kessler, Froch, and Kovalev elite world champions. Almost all of the guys above became world champions again AFTER Ward beat them. Certainly Dawson was drained, but he made the decision to call out Ward and go down to 168 himself.

Green
                Miranda

These two guys are as good as, and as dangerous as gatekeeper/fringe world level guys get.

I would say it's more likely than not that Barrera wins a title and goes on to have a solid career.

Kovalev was the icing on the cake. A near prime, undefeated p4p fighter. You can try and downplay him all you like but he decimated some good fighters before Ward, and then competed on even terms with Ward for about 18 rounds.

Not only has Ward gone through the above names undefeated but he has done it for the most part, in a dominant fashion.

He is an Olympic gold medalist who hasn't lost for over 20 years. Even if you gave the first fight to Kovalev it was still 20 years.

Ward is no Mayweather or Roy Jones, but he is a great fighter in his own right and is a sure fire hall of famer. Only Pacquiao has accomplished more out of the current active fighters.

Anything he does now is the cherry on top, it just enhances an already solidified legacy. He should be chasing the biggest money fights he can and naturally those fights normally equate to tough fights. I think the biggest money fights for him are against one of the Eddie Hearn (Sky PPV) UK guys ie. Bellew, Degale, etc. Stevenson for all the belts, or GGG if he beats Canelo.

John Ruiz washes all that by having a win over Holyfield.

wins over Holyfield, Rahman, Golota. All champs.

Why is he not in the HOF like ATG Holyfield?

Comment

You know you don't seriously want to see that. You know Ward is very comfortable at this weight. IF the fight took place Triple G would be the one doing the same drunk dance Kovalev was doing.

Comment

Working...
                  X