No announcement yet.

Gonna be a lot of Tears, kovalev quit didn't even protest stoppage right after

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Your favorite boxer won and by KO so enjoy it. I was hoping and expecting a Kovolev win but it didn't happen. Sometimes fights don't go the way you think they will or the way you want them to go. You shouldn't be too hard on Kovalev fans like me for backing the boxer we liked and believed in. After all you backed Ward to the hilt because you like him and believe in him. Nobody really has to eat crow for backing the wrong boxer in such a close fight. I have changed my mind about both fighters. Ward is much better than I thought he was with punching power I didn't think he had. I doubt any boxer his weight can beat him and he can leave boxing as an undefeated winner whenever he wants to. Kovalev is not as good as I thought he was. I wish him well but I am no longer a big Kovalev fan. I think Ward ruined him and he won't ever be as good as he was.
    Why are you no longer a big fan? Because he lost? He will not be as good as he was because he Is 34 with stamina Issues.

Comment

Ward took big risks in laying down heavy fire and he got it to pay off. People are scrambling for excuses but Kovalev seemed to be OK with it when he was folded over.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Your favorite boxer won and by KO so enjoy it. I was hoping and expecting a Kovolev win but it didn't happen. Sometimes fights don't go the way you think they will or the way you want them to go. You shouldn't be too hard on Kovalev fans like me for backing the boxer we liked and believed in. After all you backed Ward to the hilt because you like him and believe in him. Nobody really has to eat crow for backing the wrong boxer in such a close fight. I have changed my mind about both fighters. Ward is much better than I thought he was with punching power I didn't think he had. I doubt any boxer his weight can beat him and he can leave boxing as an undefeated winner whenever he wants to. Kovalev is not as good as I thought he was. I wish him well but I am no longer a big Kovalev fan. I think Ward ruined him and he won't ever be as good as he was.
        Although the honesty should be appreciated, I have to say that some of this is a pretty pathetic reaction if you ask me, why jump ship? If I am a fan of a fighter, I don't become less of a fan just because they lost.

Hopefully this teaches you to not be so outspoken also, you have trashed Ward for the past several months, which no great fighter deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
          Great post. Just a little smack talk from people. Don't sweat it.

I really like both fighters. Liked Ward more because he won a gold medal for America and he's such a smart fighter. But I was also a Kovalev fan and thought he had a legitimate claim to P4P for a while.

Ward is clearly #1 P4P now. Kovalev should keep fighting, he will beat just about anyone near his weight.
          Thanks my friend. I hope Kovalev can continue to win the way he used to but I am just not sure. Kovalev seemed to have ruined Pascal and Ward may have hurt his confidence which is so important to how hard a boxer trains and fights. Ward did what he said he would do. I will never pick against him again. With this KO win I agree he is PFP number 1 on my list of top 10 PFP boxers.

Comment

Ward is a great fighter period, I thought he was going to win the rematch but to actually hurt, frustrates and stop Kov is shocking to me.

Comment

of course he lost everyone knows that..even his trainer said after the fight that ward out hustled him..kovalev and bumlovkin fans are the worst..crying 24/7

Comment

There are some cool Kovalev fans. They know who they are and we have had respectful boxing debates over the years. Respect as always to them.

But the racists can kiss my ass **** them and I will enjoy watching them cry.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  Although the honesty should be appreciated, I have to say that some of this is a pretty pathetic reaction if you ask me, why jump ship? If I am a fan of a fighter, I don't become less of a fan just because they lost.

Hopefully this teaches you to not be so outspoken also, you have trashed Ward for the past several months, which no great fighter deserves.
                  I jumped ship because Kovalev let me down. He didn't fight very well or show much heart. I am sorry if I seem like a trader. Yes, I trashed Ward and I still hate the way he fights. He always wins and he beat the one guy I thought could beat him. His style sucks big time in my opinion. He always wins so I have to give him credit for that. I certainly have not become a Ward fan. I just admit he s damn near impossible to beat. I have lots of great boxers to chose from to be a big fan of. Why should I remain a big Kovalev fan when I no longer have much faith in him. GGG, Canelo, Rigo, Loma and Spence are favorites of mine who have never really let me down so they remain my favorites. If they perform as poorly as Kovalev did tonight they won't be my favorites any more. To be a favorite boxer of mine I have to like the guy but he must also fight at the highest level. I'll still root for him when he is past prime but it's not quite the same.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    There are some cool Kovalev fans. They know who they are and we have had respectful boxing debates over the years. Respect as always to them.

But the racists can kiss my ass **** them and I will enjoy watching them cry.

But don't worry. Beterbiev will be the one they jump to next and claim ward is scared of. Hell big dummy show already has said so. But he's also with Haymon so catch 22 for a lot of them. Cokroaches always come back

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Ward is a great fighter period, I thought he was going to win the rematch but to actually hurt, frustrates and stop Kov is shocking to me.
                      Agreed, I also picked Ward, but never would have thought he could hurt, frustrate and basically bully Kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                      X