Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the better trainer of Kovalev - Sanchez or Jackson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the better trainer of Kovalev - Sanchez or Jackson?

''Sanchez guided "The Krusher" to a 7-0-1 mark with seven knockouts from 2010 to early 2012 until a falling out led to Kovalev's ejection from Sanchez's Summit Gym in Big Bear Lake, California. In recent months, we have grown to learn the two simply don't get along.'' - Brian Campbell
    Sanchez
    14.29%
    Jackson
    85.71%

Considering Jackson has been his trainer for the entirety of Kovalev's world class career, and his improvement has been immense in that time, I'd say it's pretty obvious who has been better for him.

Comment

Jackson. Kovalev is a great fighter no matter who trains him but I think Jackson brings out the best in him. Jackson being a skillful intelligent former boxing champion helps him as a trainer. Just look at Kovalev go now. He is so easily destroying all challengers. Kovalev is an excellent boxer under Jackson. He has that long accurate powerful left jab. It might be the best jab in boxing today. He is a killer puncher with both hands and knows how to set up his bombs. Ward is a great fighter but I think the K monster will knock him out with his combination of boxing skill and two fisted crushing power.

Comment

Jackson. He crafted a much more complete fighter. Just look at the comparison from the first Boone fight to the second

Comment

Jackson and it's not even a discussion. He molded KOv into a boxer puncher. He can box when he wants to and knows exactly when to use his power. I personally see his style as a bigger Pacquiao. He has weird angles and concussive power but can box from the outside or mid range. Both not being good inside fighters, I think KOv needs some improvement in that department along with better defense.

Comment

Working...
          X