Collapse
No announcement yet.

carlos zarate vs orlando canizales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certainly would have to favor Zarate here, but don't sleep on Canizales. He was a very skilled boxer with a good punch

Comment

ddont count canizales' power out!
      he had something like 13/16 KOs in 118 title fights!

Comment

Honestly I think canizales gets overrated historically.. Yes he was a great fighter, but compared to other greats, his resume is lacking big meaningful fights.. Guys like lopez, tszyu, always get criticized for their list of opponents yet I think both have better opponents then canizales.. Orlando was a good boxer-puncher, and a legit long term champ, but he never had that "A+" list of opponents that other historical fighters have..
        Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Honestly I think canizales gets overrated historically.. Yes he was a great fighter, but compared to other greats, his resume is lacking big meaningful fights.. Guys like lopez, tszyu, always get criticized for their list of opponents yet I think both have better opponents then canizales.. Orlando was a good boxer-puncher, and a legit long term champ, but he never had that "A+" list of opponents that other historical fighters have..
          Just my opinion
          i cant agree or disagree with you, since I never really followed any of the old fighters, nor do i know many names.
          BUT, judging from his style, fluidity and power, i dare say if there were any A+ names on his resume, he'd be ranked higher regardless of win/lose.

Comment

Working...
          X