Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support Pacman = Support Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its like Chelsea football club fans still pay to watch their matches even though they play lower positioned teams who Chelsea are expected to beat because they enjoy watching their favourite football team chelsea.

Comment

Also, I find it equally dumb to say if you don't buy/support a guy your not supporting boxing.

I mean I knew Bradley vs Alexander would be a **** fight, and those "tonights fight is a real fight" and "Support these guys or your not a real fan" comments were dumb as hell.

FWIW, there are tons of fighters, such as Floyd Mayweather Jr., That you couldn't pay me to sit down and watch their fights live. That doesn't make me less of a fan....it's just I don't feel like, nor care about supporting his/their career. Now I'm not going to discourage the next person to do the same, rather I just chose not to watch it and keep it moving.

I wish more people would just have an opinion/a viewpoint and keep it moving instead of questing other peoples loyalty to the sport, just because they feel a certain way about a fight/fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        At this point in his career Mosley is a BUM. It would be like saying Roy Jones has a chance at Andre Ward or such.

Mosley Is shot! at the point, it was proven with the Floyd fight and Mora fight.
        No it dont work like that. 2 bad performances dont make you a bum. Great boxers can pull out one last great fight out of the bag, just cant do it fight after fight like Pac does.

Thats how upsets are made. Buster Douglas was a bum who beat Tyson.

Comment

It's a bull**** fight, I have gone from a fan (not a big one but still wanting the guy to win his fights) of Pac to wanting Shane to knock him the **** out tonight. The fight should have happened years ago, Shane is a true warrior who always looked to fight the best and doesn't deserve being fed to the Pac hype machine. This fight should have happened years ago, not now.

Since Pac fought DLH he has been going further and further down in my eyes. Making this fight now is what killed it for me. I'd love all this to backfire on on Aurum too.

The fight is on skysports here in the UK anyway. So no PPV for us.

WAR SHANE!
          Last edited by Golden; 05-07-2011, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Its like Chelsea football club fans still pay to watch their matches even though they play lower positioned teams who Chelsea are expected to beat because they enjoy watching their favourite football team chelsea.
            TBH I'm a diehard FSU fan. I pay for ESPN game plan, $120, not to watch the big matchups, because those are show for free on major networks like espn etc, but to catch all of their games even if it's against a **** team like Florida international or Valdosa State.

Hardcore Baseball, Football, Soccer, Hockey etc fans do the same because all the great games are usually on tv for free, and the ****ty ones are the ones you have to pay for via a season plan, or via ppv (ordering that channel for the day).

I just don't get why that when a boxing fan does it, he is label as a person who isn't a fan of the sport.

But again if you feel Mosley vs Pacquiao is ****, cool don't buy it or keep it moving. That's your choice just like it's the choice of the next person that wants to buy it because they want to see a particular fight. Neither are any less of a fan of boxing....just two people who chose to or not to support a particular fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              No it dont work like that. 2 bad performances dont make you a bum. Great boxers can pull out one last great fight out of the bag, just cant do it fight after fight like Pac does.

Thats how upsets are made. Buster Douglas was a bum who beat Tyson.
              In Mosley's case it DOES work like that. I know Douglas was the underdog, and so was Holyfield when he fought Tyson, but just put it like this..

I see Mannys style as being to dangerous for Mosley, the only reason Mosley survived those rounds with Mayweather vs Mora is become there more of a defensive fighter there not going in for the kill.

Can you imagine what happens when Shane gets tired? It's going to be worse than Margarito, and plus Pacquiao has something to prove by beating Shane in a more dominant way than Maywather.

Comment

you'd think hardcore fans would want to watch and support one of mosley's last performances...pretty much ending with a bang against the p4p pound king. Seriously, it's freaking sugar shane.. But I guess true hard core fans dump hof fighters after a couple losses.

Comment

Originally posted by tudedude View Post
                  you'd think hardcore fans would want to watch and support one of mosley's last performances...pretty much ending with a bang against the p4p pound king. Seriously, it's freaking sugar shane.. But I guess true hard core fans dump hof fighters after a couple losses.
                  I understand what your saying, but it was like that with ALI's last few performances, people knew he was SHOT.

Seriously people would watch it, NOBODY would miss this fight if it was FREE, but unfortunely I don't think it's worth 59.99$, maybe 5.99$

If it was Pacquiao vs Sergio Martinez or Berto (hes YOUNG) I would pay 79.99$ easily.

Comment

Working...
                  X