No announcement yet.

Suddenly the perception of Anthony Yarde has changed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly the perception of Anthony Yarde has changed

In the build up to the Kovalev-Yarde fight the consensus was that Yarde had faced absolutely no one of note and so we couldn't really gauge or tell anything about how talented he was. He had looked good knocking out a bunch of unknown guys, some of whom looked like they were middleweights and super middleweights. He ended up getting knocked out by a jab, albeit due to punishment and exhaustion and was written off as being another glass-jawed british bum.

Now fast forward to the Canelo-Kovalev fight and suddenly I'm reading that Yarde was an absolute beast of a puncher and there's no way Canelo could have legitimately KO'd Kovalev if Yarde didn't which indicates that the fight was "fixed".

Yarde was an unknown quantity and watching the fight against Kovalev, I thought to myself that if Yarde was really a tremendous puncher, he would have stopped Kovalev when he hurt him. Ward who is regarded as feather fisted had Kovalev just as badly hurt.... Alvarez another supposed non-puncher knocked him out also. Basically what I'm saying is that Kovalev is not exactly known for being durable so why is it so far fetched that Canelo could KO him especially when you consider him damaged goods at the age of 36 going on 37.

Yarde was considered a “weak” opponent due to his inexperience, not his lack of punching power. Yarde is a very strong hitter.

Comment

Yarde didn’t catch 3 clean chin shots is the difference, I don’t think anyone is saying the KO was fake they’re saying Kov was half assing the fight

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        Yarde didn’t catch 3 clean chin shots is the difference, I don’t think anyone is saying the KO was fake they’re saying Kov was half assing the fight

Comment

I've seen two people bigging up Yarde now, and they're the ones who usually have every inch of Canelo's dick past their uvula.

Comment

Yarde was always a tremendous puncher, Ward, Alvarez also hit harder than Canelo. Canelo is not a power puncher, you can go up and down his resume, the guys he KO'd, any average puncher would've & already did.

Kovalev has fought much bigger punchers than Canelo, the way he went down tells me Yarde did just enough damage to him. Right now Kovalev is probably like 5th, 6th in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              In the build up to the Kovalev-Yarde fight the consensus was that Yarde had faced absolutely no one of note and so we couldn't really gauge or tell anything about how talented he was. He had looked good knocking out a bunch of unknown guys, some of whom looked like they were middleweights and super middleweights. He ended up getting knocked out by a jab, albeit due to punishment and exhaustion and was written off as being another glass-jawed british bum.

Now fast forward to the Canelo-Kovalev fight and suddenly I'm reading that Yarde was an absolute beast of a puncher and there's no way Canelo could have legitimately KO'd Kovalev if Yarde didn't which indicates that the fight was "fixed".

Yarde was an unknown quantity and watching the fight against Kovalev, I thought to myself that if Yarde was really a tremendous puncher, he would have stopped Kovalev when he hurt him. Ward who is regarded as feather fisted had Kovalev just as badly hurt.... Alvarez another supposed non-puncher knocked him out also. Basically what I'm saying is that Kovalev is not exactly known for being durable so why is it so far fetched that Canelo could KO him especially when you consider him damaged goods at the age of 36 going on 37.

stop listening to casual-fans... they are fkn morons

Yarde was a TOUGH opponent... there is no question about that

2 days ago, Bivol stated that Yarde was VERY tough, and said that was a very good win for Kovalev

I would listen to Bivol - or even Yarde lol - before I listen to the casuals... ALL of whom seem to have a childish agenda

anyone who thought Yarde would be, or should be, an easy fight... is a muppet... also, go watch the fight, nothing about that fight looked easy... Yarde will give EVERYONE problems with more experience under his belt, the early rounds were very competitive

Comment

By the time of Ward II, Kov lost his whiskers.
                Age, maybe too much fermented potato..

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                  Yarde was considered a “weak” opponent due to his inexperience, not his lack of punching power. Yarde is a very strong hitter.
                  But his punching power has been displayed against complete no-hopers. Thurman was once upon a time considered a power puncher too. There’s not a single live body on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    ........Facts....

Comment

Working...
                    X