No announcement yet.

Joshua can beat Ruiz easily IF!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua can beat Ruiz easily IF!!!!

He boxes and not brawls, I have no idea why boxers try to force game plans. You have to FEEL the fight..

Ruiz knows 1 way and that is coming forward..Joshua has the reach and just needs to lead Ruiz into traps, and then learn to fight INSIDE RUIZ'S COMFORT ZONE..

Which means stand your ground at time but only when that ground leads to Ruiz swinging outside of your guard where you can always be inside of his arms..

He fought a stupid fight the first time and maybe that's what he needed just like in the Olympics..

Some people need to be humbled in order to reach that next level..Joshua has a nice skill set but I think he drank to much of the kool-aid and forgot the "process" it happens to us all in life.

He should beat Ruiz in the rematch and if not then he needs to look at himself in the mirror and ask himself is he is really built for this because Ruiz is a straight up and down fighters. I predict he stops Ruiz in less then 3 rounds.

He’s not exactly some great boxer though. The only time he’s ever really boxed and not engaged is against Parker and that’s only because the ref wouldn’t let Parker near him.

I still think he needs to put shots together to deter Ruiz and hurt him if he can, he can’t be totally safety first, that’s not what he does well. He has solid fundamentals but that’s it. Ruiz looked to have a much better ring IQ in their fight and the ability to make it count. AJ isn’t going to get much better in a few months, it’s taken 11 years to develop a very basic style

I actually think he might be mentally messed up too. After the Wlad fight, he always looked a bit more cautious and in the week of the Ruiz fight, he did an interview with Carl Frampton and said if he had another war like the Wlad fight, he might retire. So that to me says his mentality isn’t right for a war. If that was his mentality after the Wlad fight, you have to wonder how he’ll be now he got bounced around the ring.

I think this rematch is going to be a bigger test mentally than physically.

Comment

AJ has two things that make your plan, which everyone knows should be the plan, weak.
      1. He’s not an elite Boxer. He already tried that in the first fight and Ruiz closed the distance. Ruiz closed it every time Aj tried to box.
      2. He has zero 2/10 Ring IQ. Pretty much none at all. He didn’t know what to do and kept trying to fight Ruiz, after Ruiz turned it into a brawl. He pretty much asked his corner what to do, and still couldn’t implement it in the ring. Ring IQ is Knowing what to do & Knowing How to do it.

So with a Full training camp for Ruiz and the foreknowledge that AJ will try to outbox him next to round. Ruiz will be even more prepared. I just hope Aj don’t retire after. He doesn’t seem to be the most mentally fortified in the top 10.

Comment

That doesn’t change the fact Joshua couldn’t move his head if his life depended on it.

Comment

The only reason he went for broke in the 7th round was because he had nothing left in the tank. The first 2 KDs had an effect, plus the body shots Ruiz was landing sapped his energy. He needs to stay out of range and keep things awkward.

Also really do hope he is losing muscle mass; those big huge muscles are no good as they'll affect his stamina, recovery and ability to move effectively.

Comment

all he has to do is box. thats not vague at all. joshuas camp has to be focused on boxing this time!

Comment

Actually he tried to box in the first fight. Rewatch it. Yes he went after Ruiz when he dropped him but it is a natural thing to try and get someone out of there when they are hurt. It has always worked for him in the past. Bottom line is Joshua didn't just lose, he was exposed. Can he win the rematch? Highly unlikely but stranger things have happened. Ruiz within 5!

Comment

If you press him he'll still fall apart.

Comment

Does Joshua move well enough to keep his distance. Idk man. I'd bet against it. He's gonna get stuck in a corner with Ruiz popping off those quick combos. Joshua is gonna have to fight inside to win unless he just catches Ruiz with a big KO shot early. And I think Ruiz's checked out pretty well in the first fight so idk if Joshua can just straight KO him like that. If they take a UK ref down there then maybe they can early stop the fight doe maybe.

I really like Ruiz's chances in the rematch personally & idk if there is an easy W for Joshua w/e he happens to do. He'll either lose or have a competitive fight where he eventually wins.

Comment

The TS is spot on however a less then 3 round stoppage ? AJ isn't going to jump in the deep end right away ,this will be a late stoppage and that's if A side Andy doesn't get stripped for breach of contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X