Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Golden Boy and DAZN violate the Ali Act?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcity is a dork.

What does “promise” even mean? Canelo don’t care so much about fighting GGG except that Canelo didn’t need it in 2019, even Motorcity made points to acknowledge this.

There would be a lawsuit already at play between DAZN and GBP if there was a “Promise” in writing that GBP needed to deliver GGG in Sept 2019.

Everybody is caught up in Sept. 2019. Lol

Canelo vs GGG can happen anytime after this, which is why the GGG Groupies are rampant in saying Canelo ducked or waiting for him to get old.

Canelo was interested in Kovalev...lol.. younger than GGG..

Canelo Flexin GGG’s check That’s all!

WAR CANELO!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Our at least tried to circumvent it?

Reports are that Golden Boy promised DAZN a third GGG fight when they signed their deal with DAZN back in October of 2018.

If you remember around this time PBC was the frontrunner for signing GGG. Then DAZN suddenly upped their offer, blowing the PBC offer out of the water. It was openly talked about by Hearn that the plan was for GGG to fight in May or June then Canelo in September. Seems like everyone knew of the promise Golden Boy made to DAZN except Canelo.

Golden Boy & DAZN announced a monthly Golden Boy card to showcase up and coming fighters just days after DAZN announced the signing of GGG.

So it seems as if DAZN promised GGG the Canelo fight only if he signed with them.
      LINK that, cause I have not seen a single thing of that.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
        I gotta get my other phone with the Athletic subscription

Comment

The crux of the ongoing Alvarez ordeal swings on De La Hoya’s promise, in a signed contract between Golden Boy and DAZN, that Alvarez would fight Golovkin in September — on the Mexican Independence Day weekend that has routinely generated wide national boxing viewership.

Yet, De La Hoya was reportedly lax in allowing Golden Boy’s deal with Alvarez to slide without inserting such binding (and perhaps confrontational) language that also ordered a September fight with Golovkin, creating a conundrum exacerbated by Alvarez’s rivalry and deep disdain for Golovkin after their 2017 draw, Golovkin’s shredding of Alvarez over two failed drug tests and Alvarez’s narrow 2018 victory by majority decision.

But Alvarez was miffed not just at Golovkin. He’s fumed at De La Hoya and Golden Boy President Eric Gomez for promising the Golovkin fight to DAZN, and he was chafed after learning from a report that DAZN had agreed in its deal with Golden Boy to pay De La Hoya’s company around $90 million over five years for the rights to broadcast 10 other non-Canelo Golden Boy fight cards per year.

Comment

I gotta get my other phone with the Athletic subscription
            I dont even know what that means but I'll wait...

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
              Motorcity is a dork.

What does “promise” even mean? Canelo don’t care so much about fighting GGG except that Canelo didn’t need it in 2019, even Motorcity made points to acknowledge this.

There would be a lawsuit already at play between DAZN and GBP if there was a “Promise” in writing that GBP needed to deliver GGG in Sept 2019.

Everybody is caught up in Sept. 2019. Lol

Canelo vs GGG can happen anytime after this, which is why the GGG Groupies are rampant in saying Canelo ducked or waiting for him to get old.

Canelo was interested in Kovalev...lol.. younger than GGG..

Canelo Flexin GGG’s check That’s all!

WAR CANELO!
              Vodka swiller Kovalev is older than his years indicate and he can be weight drained.

Comment

The crux of the ongoing Alvarez ordeal swings on De La Hoya’s promise, in a signed contract between Golden Boy and DAZN, that Alvarez would fight Golovkin in September — on the Mexican Independence Day weekend that has routinely generated wide national boxing viewership.

Yet, De La Hoya was reportedly lax in allowing Golden Boy’s deal with Alvarez to slide without inserting such binding (and perhaps confrontational) language that also ordered a September fight with Golovkin, creating a conundrum exacerbated by Alvarez’s rivalry and deep disdain for Golovkin after their 2017 draw, Golovkin’s shredding of Alvarez over two failed drug tests and Alvarez’s narrow 2018 victory by majority decision.

But Alvarez was miffed not just at Golovkin. He’s fumed at De La Hoya and Golden Boy President Eric Gomez for promising the Golovkin fight to DAZN, and he was chafed after learning from a report that DAZN had agreed in its deal with Golden Boy to pay De La Hoya’s company around $90 million over five years for the rights to broadcast 10 other non-Canelo Golden Boy fight cards per year.
                Interesting still they cite no source, they say reports? which means shit in boxing imo.

Comment

Interesting still they cite no source, they say reports? which means shit in boxing imo.

True. But it was also reported Canelo was having problems with Golden Boy 2 weeks ago by this same writer. And Canelo confirmed it yesterday. And Hearn has said several times that DAZN was promised the GGG/Canelo fight.

Comment

Canelo wasn’t signing any deal that made him agree to fight anyone. He had too much leverage as PBC and Top Rank/ESPN were making offers. DAZN was desperate to lock in Canelo so they made a huge offer.
                    If DAZN promised GGG a third Canelo fight that’s on them. And if they did that based on GBP word without getting Canelo’s buy in then that’s on Golden Boy.
                    At the end of the day the IBF is not that valuable. Let BBB side have it so he can pay sanctioning fees that don’t increase his check. Let Haymon have it so he can put it on his embarrassing stable at MW. Charlo hasn’t done anything at 160.

Comment

Our at least tried to circumvent it?

Reports are that Golden Boy promised DAZN a third GGG fight when they signed their deal with DAZN back in October of 2018.

If you remember around this time PBC was the frontrunner for signing GGG. Then DAZN suddenly upped their offer, blowing the PBC offer out of the water. It was openly talked about by Hearn that the plan was for GGG to fight in May or June then Canelo in September. Seems like everyone knew of the promise Golden Boy made to DAZN except Canelo.

Golden Boy & DAZN announced a monthly Golden Boy card to showcase up and coming fighters just days after DAZN announced the signing of GGG.

So it seems as if DAZN promised GGG the Canelo fight only if he signed with them.
                      Kudos for bringing this up. I've posted this a few times but nobody responded. How about Hearn? Don't know if it's a violation of the Act but he's a promotor and works for DAZN. There is at least a potential for conflict of interest.

Comment

Working...
                      X