Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could 36 year old Pacquiao beat 23 year old Canelo at 152?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could 36 year old Pacquiao beat 23 year old Canelo at 152?

How you think the fight would have went?

Can't see Pacquiao from 4 years ago losing to a 23 year old drained kid.

Originally posted by Bloodvenger View Post

Pac would have stop a weight drained canelo at 152lbs. It will be a mismatch.

Comment

I personally think Canelo would brutally beat him down but I was wrong about Thurman so idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodvenger View Post

Canelo was a shell of himself vs fmj & fmj literally intentionally weight drained him despite holding belts at 154 & having already fought at 154. Having said that I think fmj vs Canelo prime vs prime at 154 is a 52/48 fight in favor of Canelo,whom had made it clear he had grown far too big to make 152 but Floyd despite rediculing pac for yrs about cws has never cared about asterisks only about his resume & perfect Eggshell.

Before the tmt fanatics flame me don't bother there is nothing to convince me different than floyds own words & actions & how drained canelo looked,he looked like an extra from the walking dead at weigh in & despite floyds followers regurgitating the fallacy that Mayweather was at a size advantage thats bs as well because floyd doesn't rely on rehydrating because hes about speed & defense,& thats the only reason Canelo was bigger,Floyd actually taller & has similar frame to Canelo,nelo just rehydrated more water weight & is stockier but also shorter with shorter reach.
        Last edited by kushking; 07-21-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Nope. At the time Pacquiao and Roach said as much, they said Canelo was too big when the fight was mentioned. If they thought he could win they'd have been all over it because t was a massive fight.

Comment

The same Canelo thay Floyd fought ?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Nope. At the time Pacquiao and Roach said as much, they said Canelo was too big when the fight was mentioned. If they thought he could win they'd have been all over it because t was a massive fight.
              Pac is just too small altogether at any pt in his career for nelo,but I'd give him a chance just because Canelo was at the biggest disadvantage of his entire career at 152,weight draining causes fighters to fight without energy or power

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                The only chance that Manny and Canelo would've crossed paths was when Manny won the WBC superwelter belt against Margarito and that he was supposed to defend that belt against Canelo in 2011. But the weight took a toll on Manny's body.

But still. The 2010 Manny that beat Margarito would beat the breaks off Canelo. Canelo was green. Too green.

When Floyd announced he would fight Canelo, I didn't understand it. It was like a pro taking on an amateur. Why would he do that? I realize it was really for the Mexican money.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                  The only chance that Manny and Canelo would've crossed paths was when Manny won the WBC superwelter belt against Margarito and that he was supposed to defend that belt against Canelo in 2011. But the weight took a toll on Manny's body.

But still. The 2010 Manny that beat Margarito would beat the breaks off Canelo. Canelo was green. Too green.

When Floyd announced he would fight Canelo, I didn't understand it. It was like a pro taking on an amateur. Why would he do that? I realize it was really for the Mexican money.
                  That was a shot to **** Margarito that Pacquiao fought. Canelo that fought Mayweather was way better. That shot to **** Marg also hurt Pacquiao. Canelo would have beat the **** out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post

Floyds greatest asset was the old karate kid adage,only fight if you know you will win. He was a master at strategically fighting whomever would enhance his pocketbook/ legacy the most with the most minimal risk at the time. He still was a defensive wizard but imho not TBE or even of recent eras,I think Hagler/SRL/JCC/Duran were all more accomplished because they literally fought anyone & everyone up to 6x a yr in JCC case,as he did the yr he faced my all time fav Sweet pea (I been a huge fan of his way before the recent bandwagoners too,thats why I like Bud but feel he'll never come close to sweet pea as long as hes on topstank promos)
                    Last edited by kushking; 07-21-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X