Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jso is an HBO groupie hard. Shouldn't you be watching game of thrones

Comment

• Originally posted by josenoway View Post
      Are you for real? They announced just this past Mon that they were moving on, severing ties with GBP, and passing on Broner (which was a huge deal). It's not even a week later, and we're getting new statements saying they're willing to work with any promoter. EVERY major media outlet covered this story, how could you possibly miss this? That's hilarious that you can actually sit there and interpret HBO's Monday statement as: "Hey GBP, call us." GTFOH.
      Yup. My fat virgin bro gets game of thrones my other fro gets homeland with Canelo trout then

Comment

• Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
        Also - We don't know what Showtime is investing but we do know they GET HALF of what Floyd brings in revenue (that is standard) That's what matters to them and thats what mattered to HBO, thats why they are butthurt at the moment.

They lost out on a huge pot.
        HBO said they gave Floyd a "respectable" offer which means HBO offered that 50/50. Floyd left HBO for Showtime... you are going to tell me he left for a smaller network for the same guaranteed money? By smaller I also mean about 5-10 million less homes, they might be working with CBS but no way are they getting 50/50 Floyd wouldn't take 55-45 with Manny and if he lost it's not like HBO would have kicked him off the network forever.

Comment

• The same people who bought Floyd fights on HBO will buy them on Showtime unless your ******ed the only thing changing is the logo.

Comment

Yup. My fat virgin bro gets game of thrones my other fro gets homeland with Canelo trout then

A show like Game of Thrones is beyond what your pre-school level of intellect can handle. BTW how much does Schaefer pay you to let him play with ur booty hole?

Comment

• Originally posted by josenoway View Post
              HBO makes money off their PPVs, just not as much as they'd like. They're certainly not losing money or just breaking even. HBO didn't carry all those Pac and Floyd PPVs just to break even. C'mon, common sense. Yes, the networks make the majority of their money off subscriptions, which is why they'd love to carry the bigtime fights on their regular channel, but fighters and promoters prefer the PPV model because it gives them a bigger share of the pie. With that said, it's hard to call yourself the premier network for boxing when you've blacklisted so many of the sport's top talents. I don't expect HBO or GBP for that matter to maintain this position for very long. The two companies make more money together than separately. In the end, the bottom line speaks the loudest.
              HBO makes a ****LOAD of money off of their PPV's what are you talking about? Why do you think they dedicate 24/7 etc... to them? To get the buys up which means more money. 1.5 million buys is close to 100 million dollars IDC how much you are worth you make 50 mil in a day and you are ecstatic that is on top of the 300 million a year you make off of subscriptions (minimum.) They had at least 3 big PPV's a year on average that would be 75-100 million a year a third of their subscription base or the equivalent of getting 10 million new subscribers each year. Losing Floyd hurts, but now Showtime is over spending badly, because sure they have a solid stable of fighters but they came with 1 or 2k ticket buys and 7 figure paydays. That's hoping for A LOT of new subscribers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                HBO said they gave Floyd a "respectable" offer which means HBO offered that 50/50. Floyd left HBO for Showtime... you are going to tell me he left for a smaller network for the same guaranteed money? By smaller I also mean about 5-10 million less homes, they might be working with CBS but no way are they getting 50/50 Floyd wouldn't take 55-45 with Manny and if he lost it's not like HBO would have kicked him off the network forever.
                who cares, all that means is more boxing for showtime, and less boxing for hbo.

everyone knows GOT gets a big budget.

\they will both be ok. or are you just a game of thrones fan?

Comment

• I'd take the total sum of boxings entire promotional stable over GB's..... That means fights from fighters and divisions we might not normally see like for example Viloria-Estrada

The people that will take the biggest hit imo is outlets like Epix and WealthTV since HBO would be picking up cards normally available to them.... Along with the fighters purses in GB's stable since Showtime doesn't have to worry them going anywhere else

Comment

• I don't have the numbers but it's pretty common knowledge that HBO is far and away worth the most among the cable movie networks. Their budget is huge and if they wanted Floyd they could have kept him. Them saying thanks but no thanks to him pretty much tells you all you need to know about what they thought of the deal that Showtime gave him.

I give Showtime a lot of credit for having balls and shelling out but lets be real, they did it out of the desperation to legitimize themselves. Fair or not the perception has always been HBO as boxing top dog, whereas Showtime was about a step away from ESPN status. They were second tier.

They basically emptied their sports budget to be taken seriously. Time will tell if it pays off for them.

Comment

who cares, all that means is more boxing for showtime, and less boxing for hbo.

everyone knows GOT gets a big budget.

\they will both be ok. or are you just a game of thrones fan?
                      It has nothing to do with being OK, because they would both DO BETTER with each other and that's all that matters. Of course I'm a Game of Thrones fan but I like Dexter just as much and I pay for both channels before you say I'm a fanboy or do some dumb **** like that. And sure, while GBP is the best a building talent they've always done it on HBO who is just as vital in that relationship as GDP. All GBP did was give HBO more money for other promoters on HBO and cost themselves 10 million eyeballs. At the end of the day people won't cancel HBO because they lost GBP, people will still watch boxing. On the other hand, there is no way 10 million people are going to buy Showtime just because GBP left.

Comment

Working...
                      X