No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katsidis Hit With Bad Medical Verdict, Likely To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    Katsidis vs. Casamayor is one of my favorite fights of all time. I'll remember him for that fight.

I wish Katsidis the best. It's a good thing he's stopping before it's too late.
    Think i'm gonna go back and watch that fight right now

Comment

wow.....that sucks.

I hope he's okay

Comment

Wish the best for him and his. Hope his ailments prove to be minor.

Comment

I hope he's gonna be ok. I loved Katsidis ever since I saw his fight with Graham Earl years back. Not too technically gifted but an absolutely world-class brawler, if you get what I mean. His fights with Amonsot and Casamayor were two of my favourites, and it was great to see him put a whooping on Kevin Mitchell after the tremendous amount of hype Mitchell had been getting. His body has been slowing up lately, but his last few performances are not a true reflection of what he was capable of at his best. I hope they've found whatever is wrong before it's got to the stage where he'll face problems in the future. I wish him all the best. A true warrior.

Comment

Katsidis always a great warrior

Comment

i hope marquez,mosley,hopkins,mayweather,and pacquiao read this article.they all are going to the hall of fame. retire already and enjoy life before something terribly goes wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed
                CAT scan.......yeah, that's all I need to hear right there. I wish Kats well but I think they found early signs of Parkinson. Hopefully there were just early, early signs and that he is in no immediate danger.

**Take that back, seems you can't detect Parkinson's with a CAT scan, they must see something else.
                Parkinson's and boxing have not been linked to each other in studies.

I knew something was up when they said he was gonna announce his retirement and he would give an interview. I hope he's ok and thanks for all the great fights.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He was one of the bravest fighters I've seen, but brave fighters take a lot of punishment. Katsidis vs Amonsot will always be one of my favourite fights.

He may have had a small brain hemorrhage after sparring or his last fight (not that I'm sure when that was). A small brain hemorrhage would probably be preferrable to other things a CAT scan could pick up because it isn't degenerative after being treated. Most countries won't allow you to fight once you've had a brain hemorrhage, regardless of how small it is.

Here's wishing him all the best.

Comment

Worse case scenario... bleeding in the brain or a blood clot in the brain a la Hillary Clinton.

Lethal for a boxer. He should retire.

Comment

horrible news, Katsidis was a warrior if I ever saw one. Rios needs to take note and learn a little defence before this happens to him too, he's on a fast track to punch drunk lately.

Comment

Working...
                      X