No announcement yet.

Did anybody else notice........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anybody else notice........

When Larry Merchant was interviewing Pacquiao and asked "Did the punches from Marquez feel harder than the three previous fights? Just felt like HBO announcers were trying to taint Marquez greatest victory. Even before the fight the announcers said if Marquez wins tonight it will be a questionable win with a astrik . I'm glad Pacquiao responded "No I didn't see the punch coming", props to Manny for being a gracious loser to the better fighter. I hope Pacquiao retires and concentrate on his politics in his home country.

I remember Merchant had a quick poke at Marquez's s&c coach during the fight aswell, something about them expecting us to think its all a coincidence? I cant remember exact quote but it clearly implied Marquez was using. Low blow from HBO team methinks...

Comment

Marquez deserves his credit HBO c'mon now...

Comment

well, to be fair it did seem the punches did hurt him more. The first knockdown wasn't some shot pac just ran into like the KO shot.

Comment

well can't say it wasn't on most people's minds...i mean marquez did hire a former ped dealer....add to the fact that marquez was knocking down pac with single punches something naturally bigger guys like cotto and margarito couldn't do.

Comment

He didnt mean anything by it. JMM worked hard in the gym and made the adjustments in speed and strength needed. No need to tarnish his wins with bullslt! It was a clean shot Manny didnt see by a clean fighter! He deserves this win without controversy!

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              well, to be fair it did seem the punches did hurt him more. The first knockdown wasn't some shot pac just ran into like the KO shot.
              manny reacting poorly into badly balanced position was a contributing factor into the first knockdown. manny has a HABIT of crossing his feet and squaring up. Juan feinted the left hook to the body, manny took a step back with his lead foot first instead of his rear foot like they teach everyone in boxing gyms, and then bam came that right hand on the button putting him on his ass

He didn't walk into that shot, but his balance was bad

Comment

Did you expect much else?

HBO in the 3rd fight and the 4th fight gave JMM as little credit as they could, it was disgraceful. Pac was up-front and honest with no excuses, it's a shame HBO's commentary team couldn't do the same.

Comment

Marquez is a Timing Master

Comment

I thought HBO focusing on the PED stories in the pre-fight section was disgusting. One of the few times in the year the sport get a wider audience and you serve them up with with all the PED stuff.

HBO just keep doing the same thing time and time again - talking about stories surrounding the fight that is on, especially negative ones, rather than actually commentating. Jim Lampley is supposed to be a blow-by-blow commentator FFS.

The fact that they didn't get distracted during the fight and digress into more crap was cos the fight was so compelling and fascinating, they had no choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X