No announcement yet.

Title Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    I've got a feeling we'll see a Dempsey win. A late TKO or close decision.

I can't call the second fight easily. If the simulation rates Gans's jab as highly as it was, I could see that one being a decision win for him.
    The game gives him a very good, accurate & powerful jab.

The back of his card reads:

Ranks in top 3 lightweights of all time. Gans was one of the first great lightweights and very possibly might have been the greatest. He was an excellent defensive fighter and a highly accurate boxer. His power was deceptive but very real. Often to get fights, he would have to carry an opponent in order that he not appear too dominating. He held the lightweight crown for 6 years. Gans was the acknowledged master at feinting, but he himself never went for his opponent's feint. Gans died only 15 months after his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      But He's a Hagler man to the core too!

Ive not alot of knowledge on Darcy so i will keep my trap shut on this one!

Any reccommended reading on him?
      There are three or four books on Darcy,. A Darcy Mafia Forum Social Group,.... And I Have A Thread on him called The Les Darcy Book, by Raymond Swanwick, I've Been Posting Excerpts from the book on it and I'm halfway through the third chapter,......... As for film of LES,....... I have also posted some Films of him in action,... some great and very rare footage,.... I hope you enjoy the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Not being funny, I think Hagler has the intangibles to go 20 rounds...

I also think Haglers hard jab and straight will punish Darcy as he trys to box his way inside, although Darcy does land his fair share of blows while doing so, Haglers straight punches win him a 15 round decision. Hagler was no chump on the inside either.

Hagler in a decision over 15 rounds - 10-5
        You know your stuff,,............... They are both great fighters,... and I await, eagerly for this First MEGA-SUPA-DOOPA-MEGAFIGHT in boxing history,....... The Fight Poster should read :- ROCK OF AGES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          You know your stuff,,............... They are both great fighters,... and I await, eagerly for this First MEGA-SUPA-DOOPA-MEGAFIGHT in boxing history,....... The Fight Poster should read :- ROCK OF AGES !!!!
          Rock of Ages.

Perfect. That's what we'll call the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
            Rock of Ages.

Perfect. That's what we'll call the fight.
            Hey man that's a great idea,. someone should design a cool poster for the "Rock of Ages". There is a thread on the EAST Side Boxing forum,.... there's this guy who's been posting these Jaw-Dropping Posters (I think it's called the Posters thread),... It'd be awesome if someone here knew how to do it,... you should google it up,..... it's simply Gobsmacking what he can do........ first, he makes Coulour Photo's Black and white to match the old timers and, well the results will blow you away.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
              Hey man that's a great idea,. someone should design a cool poster for the "Rock of Ages". There is a thread on the EAST Side Boxing forum,.... there's this guy who's been posting these Jaw-Dropping Posters (I think it's called the Posters thread),... It'd be awesome if someone here knew how to do it,... you should google it up,..... it's simply Gobsmacking what he can do........ first, he makes Coulour Photo's Black and white to match the old timers and, well the results will blow you away.
              Blasphemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Blasphemy.
                You're right of course,,,, I was there first, but it was Sch*******hausen,... that poster thing was cool but,.... anyway,,... their loss is youse guy's GAIN,......... Ain't it !!! (statement not a question).....

Comment

OK, had the first "exhibition" fight and it was a doozy.

Mike Tyson vs George Foreman in late 1991

A fight that could have happened but never did. Until now! Tyson was coming back from his upset KO loss to Buster Douglas in February of 1990 and was back on a tear through the division, stopping inferior opposition through the rest of 1990 and then stepping up with a pair of wins over Razor Ruddock in the first half of 1991. During this same time period, Big George was coming off his unexpectedly competitive fight with Heavyweight Champion Evander Holyfield so the fight everyone wanted to see was a natural at this point in time. Both fighters were paid millions and knew a win would put them right back in the title picture.

Tyson won the Title Bout fight by TKO from an accumulation of punishment in the 4th round after dropping George with a vicious combination of punches early in the round. Foreman quickly got to his feet by the count of 3 but was relentlessly pounded by an onrushing Mike Tyson who showed his trademark killer instinct. With Foreman no longer defending himself and Tyson teeing off on him, the referee stepped in to stop the fight. Foreman landed a few hard punches in the 2nd and kept it close in a slow opening round but for the most part, it was all Tyson.

Result: Tyson KO4 Foreman
                  Time of the stoppage: 1:48 of the 4th round.
                  Scores at the time of stoppage: Judge 1: 29-28 Tyson, Judges 2 & 3 30-27 Tyson.
                  Last edited by fitefanSHO; 08-11-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
                    OK, had the first "exhibition" fight and it was a doozy.

Mike Tyson vs George Foreman in late 1991

A fight that could have happened but never did. Until now! Tyson was coming back from his upset KO loss to Buster Douglas in February of 1990 and was back on a tear through the division, stopping inferior opposition through the rest of 1990 and then stepping up with a pair of wins over Razor Ruddock in the first half of 1991. During this same time period, Big George was coming off his unexpectedly competitive fight with Heavyweight Champion Evander Holyfield so the fight everyone wanted to see was a natural at this point in time. Both fighters were paid millions and knew a win would put them right back in the title picture.

Tyson won the Title Bout fight by TKO from an accumulation of punishment in the 4th round after dropping George with a vicious combination of punches early in the round. Foreman quickly got to his feet by the count of 3 but was relentlessly pounded by an onrushing Mike Tyson who showed his trademark killer instinct. With Foreman no longer defending himself and Tyson teeing off on him, the referee stepped in to stop the fight. Foreman landed a few hard punches in the 2nd and kept it close in a slow opening round but for the most part, it was all Tyson.

Result: Tyson KO4 Foreman
                    Time of the stoppage: 1:48 of the 4th round.
                    Scores at the time of stoppage: Judge 1: 29-28 Tyson, Judges 2 & 3 30-27 Tyson.
                    GOOD GOD !!!!!!!!!!,..... was that a 1990 version of George ??????/...... I always had a prime foreman uppercutting his way to a 4th round KO in a match against Tyson, a la the Frazier fights,.Does this mean that Tyson Annihilates Frazier in a round ?????????????????... Was this "exhibition" a shorter version of the proposed Matchup ?????

Comment

ya know, exhibition, like in the Rocky movies, lol...

really mean practice. The first "official" fight will be Hagler v Darcy

2 more exhibitions, and I think I gotta get Scott LeDoux involved (RIP big guy)

any opponent suggestions for LeDoux?

Comment

Working...
                      X