Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people criticize Floyd for fighting Baldomir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    What always got me about the Marg fight. Is that when Marg approached him face to face like a man and then Floyd did an interview later. He stuttered and said something along the lines of "we're not here to prove who the best it" or something like that. I don't know how anybody can defend that, you know what I mean?

Floyd gets a lot of crap of being a "ducker" and I don't think he's a ducker. Damn near every fighter people claim that Floyd ducked, I never saw those as ducks. But, with the whole Margarito thing, I consider that duck. I think he avoided the hell out of Margarito for whatever reason. He avoided that man.
    I'm an as bigger Floyd fan as anyone, people know that. But you simply can't defend that, you just can't, not unless you have affection for a fighter. You have to take into consideration he was put on the spot and clearly nervous about the whole thing in terms fo what to say etc etc, and he says some really dumb things in those situations. But with that being said, it's still undefnedable.

I agree, I don't see all those ducks. People even make ducks up.

But Margarito, he didn't want to fight. He chose Baldomir over him, which has some slight reasoning behind but he still picked Baldomir over Margarito.

But the main problem I have is the retirement. After Hatton, he could have fought Margarito. Everyone wanted to see that, Floyd promised Margarito that.

But it didn't happen. And Floyd is to blame for that, no one else.

Comment

Nobody is claiming 8 titles in this thread. Again from Flyweight-Junior Welterweight is a span of 8 weight-classes. Count them, from 112-140 is a span of 8 weight-classes. And, during those 8 weight-classes he won a record 4 lineal titles. Which one was at a catch-weight?
      This thread has nothing to do with Pacquiao, please stick to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
        He didn't fight Margarito because of Arum, Who says Margarito would had been a more difficult challenge, who says it would had been a better win.
        margarito wouldnt have been any more of a challenge than baldomire !!!!! i kfc wouldve beat him the same way !!!!!! and the same goes for that idiot cotto ...actually he wouldve gotten beat worse !!!!!! but heres the thing we as fans wqere robbed by not seeing those fights because of mayweather being a stuborn chump !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
          Was Margarito a title holder? Wasn't Floyd offered 8 mill to fight both? Beating the lineal ww champ equals more leverage at the negotiating table.
          Do you really not know the answer to that question or are you just trolling?

The longest reigning title holder, arguably the best WW in the division, and at the time the better over resume at WW.

Comment

This thread has nothing to do with Pacquiao, please stick to the topic.
            Hmmm.....

Carlos was the lineal WW champion and had just defeated Zab Judah. Sure Carlos was far from great but he was the legitimate champion. At least Floyd didn't fight him at a catch weight for a vacant belt. The fight probably shouldn't have been on PPV.
            Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Because they criticize Floyd for everything , he should have done a Pac and CW Baldy to 142 instead of Floyd fighting him at his real weight giving him a 17lbs advantage on the night , if he CW him Floyd would have still gave him weight on the night but Baldy would have killed himself making the weight and the damage is done giving a very weakened fighter ,,, Floyd should do what Manny has done he good beat anyone with CWs and look great doing it .
            Yea, OK......

Comment

Nobody is claiming 8 titles in this thread. Again from Flyweight-Junior Welterweight is a span of 8 weight-classes. Count them, from 112-140 is a span of 8 weight-classes. And, during those 8 weight-classes he won a record 4 lineal titles. Which one was at a catch-weight?
              ah so now its weight classes not the CWs titles where he became a fabricated monster , you dont see the contradiction in legitimacy with his CW fights compared to the titles your talking about , like Nazim said with fighters as kids they all pass through them weights I dont hold the fact he was a little Asian kid and ended up where he did as anything so special simply because I dont rate Hatton ODH Clottey Cotto Margo and Mosley as legit fights they were all very carefully chosen at perfect times , all had BS all over them ,

like I said I got nothing bad to say about Pac from 135 down I was a fan and only changed my tune with him when he said no to the PEDS test , I would have attacked Floyd just the same if he said no test and then fought an in house dud to avoid it , I dont believe any fighter in a huge superfight has a right to say no to a PEDS test , its morally wrong , going to be interested in what happens in Pascal Hopkins concerning the added PEDS testing being asked for .

Comment

Hmmm.....

Yea, OK......
                Where was Pac mentioned in the OP? Manny is not the only fighter in boxing history to fight for a title at a catch weight, stop being paranoid.

Comment

Do you really not know the answer to that question or are you just trolling?

The longest reigning title holder, arguably the best WW in the division, and at the time the better over resume at WW.
                  I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Where was Pac mentioned in the OP? Manny is not the only fighter in boxing history to fight for a title at a catch weight, stop being paranoid.
                    Who else won a vacant title at a catch-weight?

Nobody is being paranoid, it was bullshit.

Comment

Because everyone and their mama knew the man to face at the time was Margarito. And that Baldomir was a flash in the pan. I guess Baldomir earned the shot by stopping Gatti. I thought that was terrible but given what's going on in boxing these days, I look back at that time fondly.

Comment

Working...
                      X