No announcement yet.

Running.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running.

Apart from interval traning who knows how to speed up my running??

At the minute im doing around 7min miles but need to get it around 6ish.

Im running 1.5mile in just under 10 minutes and 3mile in about 21:20. i want to drop about 45-1:00 off each but seem to have been stuck at these times for a few weeks and it's starting to piss me off.

Why apart from interval training? Are you already doing that? A few sessions of sprinting a week would probably increase your overall speed. So would plyos.

Another thing that might help is to break your run into sections and glance down at your watch to track your time on each section. Thats easiest if you run at a track and I've found it helps me keep my pace up for the whole run. So if you're trying to do a 6 minute mile you can check that you're under 90 seconds for each quarter and if not you know you need to pick up your speed to make it up.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorKillJoy View Post
      Why apart from interval training? Are you already doing that? A few sessions of sprinting a week would probably increase your overall speed. So would plyos.

Another thing that might help is to break your run into sections and glance down at your watch to track your time on each section. Thats easiest if you run at a track and I've found it helps me keep my pace up for the whole run. So if you're trying to do a 6 minute mile you can check that you're under 90 seconds for each quarter and if not you know you need to pick up your speed to make it up.
      I'm already interval training and already break the run into sections. Running on a track ive been doing each 400m in about 1:40. So i'm Running about 6:40miles at the minute. I think im just gonna have to push myself harder and hope i can keep pushing towards the end of the run.

Comment

i tell you a great way to bring your times down. On a track try running the corners and sprinting the straight aways. I did that and brought my mile time down from 8:00 miles to about 6:20. Just a suggestion. It might work.

Comment

Here's one that always helps, get a running partner who's faster than you.

Comment

your a big fella aren't ya? i don't mean fat lol bulk will slow you down, any reason you want to get quicker? the best bit of advice i can give is to just keep at it, in school i used to run 4:20 miles but i was 9 and a half stone, i stopped for a few years and when i restarted at nearly 13 stones i was close to 6 mins, im now down to about 5:10 but ive lost a cpl stone in the process. #Bt yeah just set yourself realistic targets and you'll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by oovavu View Post
              your a big fella aren't ya? i don't mean fat lol bulk will slow you down, any reason you want to get quicker? the best bit of advice i can give is to just keep at it, in school i used to run 4:20 miles but i was 9 and a half stone, i stopped for a few years and when i restarted at nearly 13 stones i was close to 6 mins, im now down to about 5:10 but ive lost a cpl stone in the process. #Bt yeah just set yourself realistic targets and you'll get there.
              Yeah pretty Broad. Maybe i just aint pushin myself hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                Yeah pretty Broad. Maybe i just aint pushin myself hard enough.
                eye no reason you shouldn't be able to do it, where do you really struggle keeping a fast pace or do you just burn out quickly, one of my problems is im not as supple as i used to be so i spend time stretching, its pretty hard to run when your tendons are like twiglets, its also helped reducing the aamount of cramps i get also helps out in the bedroom.

Comment

Working...
                X