Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best thing to eat before a workout.

to much liquid bothers me with jump rope and sit ups

to much food, makes me not want to do anything

i need a good amount of protein and carbs for energy...

what do you guys eat and how long before>???

nitric oxide!!!!!20 minutes before!!!!! you will have ridiculous stamina!!!!!!!

Comment

u utilize my food saver. I make my meals (except dinner) for a long time in one shot, like cook a turkey, some chicken breasts and pork tenderloins. I divide them up into 8 oz portions, and include an 6 oz portion of either sweet potatoes or quinoa, and 6 oz of veggies.

My usual preworkout meal is 8oz of plain roasted turkey breast, 6 oz of plain broccoli or peas, and 6 oz of sweet potatoes or quinoa.

The meal size is small but i eat 5 meals a day.

the foodsaver is a bit expensive, but my meals average about $2 in cost per meal. that is fantastic compared to what new york city takeout prices are, and the convenience is unbeatable. full healthy meals at my disposal all the time
      Last edited by nedcmk1; 01-29-2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Jello! ... i'm serious, i eat jello about 45minutes before i train. i don't know what it is, i get really good energy. try it, im serious....

Comment

big bowl of whole wheat pasta, with a teaspoon of virgin olive oil and 2 or 3 teaspoons of spagetti sauce...

45mins b4....

after a week of that, you tha man pimp!

Comment

Originally posted by youngfamous313 View Post
            big bowl of whole wheat pasta, with a teaspoon of virgin olive oil and 2 or 3 teaspoons of spagetti sauce...

45mins b4....

after a week of that, you tha man pimp!
            Damn that sounds good, but my body can't do that. I need my food digested, so If I were to eat before I work out, i need to wait at least 2 hours.

I like to work out first thing in morn thou, better for weight loss.

Comment

an apple or a mixed fruit smoothie in a blender 30-45minutes before a workout. its been studied that one banana has enough nutrients and carbs to fuel a 2 hour workout..or something like that..

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
                an apple or a mixed fruit smoothie in a blender 30-45minutes before a workout. its been studied that one banana has enough nutrients and carbs to fuel a 2 hour workout..or something like that..
                yeah ive had both apples anad bannas... apples seem to do it real good... that natural sugar and carbs is a great spike

Comment

a big bowl of Chicken Alfredo, preferably two.

Comment

Working...
                  X