Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton (Prime) vs. Khan @ 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You actually need to ask this? Hatton kills him. Khan can't fight.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      hard to predict that one. i would imagine hatton getting outboxed, or khan getting chinned.
      Khan outboxes guys who are more likely to want to box and/or counter, and whom have modest power at best (Kotelnik, Malignaggi).

Put pressure on him and you see how his instincts aren't really good. He gets flustered and his poor footwork and lack of inside game show. And that was against fighters with way less footspeed than Hatton, they were able to cut off the ring on Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        No.

Hattons footspeed + inside game makes this an absolute nightmare of a fight for khan.

Khan has no way to hold hatton off, and nothing to stop Hatton from knocking him out when he gets there.
        Yeah and Khan's speed and range make him an absolute nightmare for Hatton. They both have qualities which would cause the other huge problems which is why I say it'd be very close.

Khan has been knocked out by counter shots in exchanges. Not by pressure fighters where you can see the shots coming and anticipate attacks easier.

Despite struggling, Khan has beaten pressure guys like Maidana and Peterson - thats how i'd see the pattern of the fight going. And Hatton doesn't hit harder than someone like Maidana.
        Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 10-29-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

khan KO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

lolwut

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Yeah and Khan's speed and range make him an absolute nightmare for Hatton. They both have qualities which would cause the other huge problems which is why I say it'd be very close.

Khan has been knocked out by counter shots in exchanges. Not by pressure fighters where you can see the shots coming and anticipate attacks easier.

Despite struggling, Khan has beaten pressure guys like Maidana and Peterson - thats how i'd see the pattern of the fight going. And Hatton doesn't hit harder than someone like Maidana.
            No, because khans footspeed is about equal to Hatton's, and his handspeed means nothing on the inside.

Khan has only ever looked good against stationary fighters, even slow ass lamont Peterson managed to get on his chest over and over again

Hatton doesn't hit harder in one punch than maidana, but he's a millions times more effective on the inside than Marcos, and is actually mobile

Seriously if you think this is close, i'd suggest you haven't seen much of Hatton other than the Floyd and pac fights
            Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 10-29-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Hatton is all the wrong style for khan, prime hatton had very fast foot speed, he would close the distance and get to where he wants against khan. khan is getting roughed up and probably hurt if hatton can land a good shot without smothering himself.

Comment

No, because khans footspeed is about equal to Hatton's, and his handspeed means nothing on the inside.

Khan has only ever looked good against stationary fighters, even slow ass lamont Peterson managed to get on his chest over and over again

Hatton doesn't hit harder in one punch than maidana, but he's a millions times more effective on the inside than Marcos, and is actually mobile

Seriously if you think this is close, i'd suggest you haven't seen much of Hatton other than the Floyd and pac fights
                even seeing the floyd fight you can see how fast hattons foot speed was in his prime. floyd couldnt fight at the distance he wanted because hatton was too fast and hattons chin was pretty good too so he would take the one shot coming in and then just keep coming. now floyd is great on the inside which is why he won, khan not so much....

Comment

LOL...I watched all of Hatton's fights growing up. He never really fought anyone like Khan.

You seem to ignore the fact that Khan could stick a jab in Ricky's face and Ricky wouldn't be able to do **** about it. Khan could bust Ricky's face up badly with fast combinations before Ricky could even get anywhere near him.

I think Hatton would get eventually to him because Khan slows and starts losing his compiosure.

It'd be Khan's first early and Hatton's late. Very even match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    HATTON WOULD STOP HIM BRUTALLY and ur nothing but a hater if u think anything els!
                    he was koed by a 135lb prescott and danny garcia! dannys good fighter but no prime hatton

omg i wish this could have happend hatton would have crushed him

hatton makes it a brawl kahns dumb enough to let him
                    hatton in 2 or 3 rds

yeah youre right I forgot about khans tendency to want to trade, which is why he would get ktfo. hatton wouldnt have to worry about finding those big shots, khan would basically let him have them.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      even seeing the floyd fight you can see how fast hattons foot speed was in his prime. floyd couldnt fight at the distance he wanted because hatton was too fast and hattons chin was pretty good too so he would take the one shot coming in and then just keep coming. now floyd is great on the inside which is why he won, khan not so much....
                      Floyd doesn't throw combinations anymore. He only opened up at the end after he'd pot-shotted, hugged and elbowed Hatton to death, slowing him down to the point that he was easy pickings.

Ricky could not cope with Pacquiao's speed early on and that's the only guy he's fought that's comparable to Khan in terms of handspeed. Although Khan probably wouldn't be able to hurt him in the same way, he'd land a significant amount of punches on Ricky's face early in the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X