• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage... Pavlik?

He had his ups and his downs
    he took some punches and dished out some of his own

his best defense was a very good chin and a set of earmuffs

kelly pavlik's first fight with taylor and his fight with edison miranda were both instant classics
    they will stand the test of time.
    i rarely get through all of the taylor fight, because it brings back the pain, but i could watch his fight with miranda all day.
    no joke. i could make a rainy saturday out of it. that might say more about my life than how great the fight was, but it was still a great fight

here's a highlight of another great fight with MW tough named jose luis zertuche
    this is vintage pavlik. leaky defense. lots of punches. great chin. serious power.
    doublin and tripplin that ****in jab!

talk about your memories of the ghost as he was at his best, as those days are obviously now part of the boxing history section
    he wasnt a fine wine. he was a shot of the hard stuff

you'd have trouble drawing up a more TV friendly MW
    volume. size
    power
    easy to find and tag
    fighting out of friggin youngstown?
    Last edited by New England; 01-18-2012, 09:13 PM.

pavlik and miranda

pavlik and taylor

pro debut as a teenager
    this one is from 2000!
    check out the extension on his right hand. you really dont teach that
    Last edited by New England; 01-18-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

pavlik and miranda

pavlik and taylor

pro debut as a teenager
      this one is from 2000!
      Haven't seen him in his debut before. Could see some special things there for an 18 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by cja07007 View Post
        Haven't seen him in his debut before. Could see some special things there for an 18 year old.

absolutely. minus the speed you knew you were looking at a very serious prospect if you knew what to look for

i've been fortunate now to have seen many guys make their debuts, and pavlik puts his punches together and launches his offense as well as any of the guy's i've seen debut outside of the true olympic level pedigree of amateurs

and of course you've got an 18 year old who hits like a mule

Comment

He had his ups and his downs
          he took some punches and dished out some of his own

his best defense was a very good chin and a set of earmuffs

kelly pavlik's first fight with taylor and his fight with edison miranda were both instant classics
          they will stand the test of time.
          i rarely get through all of the taylor fight, because it brings back the pain, but i could watch his fight with miranda all day.
          no joke. i could make a rainy saturday out of it. that might say more about my life than how great the fight was, but it was still a great fight

here's a highlight of another great fight with MW tough named jose luis zertuche
          this is vintage pavlik. leaky defense. lots of punches. great chin. serious power.
          doublin and tripplin that ****in jab!

talk about your memories of the ghost as he was at his best, as those days are obviously now part of the boxing history section
          he wasnt a fine wine. he was a shot of the hard stuff

you'd have trouble drawing up a more TV friendly MW
          volume. size
          power
          easy to find and tag
          fighting out of friggin youngstown?
          I watched this one again last night actually! Thats a great analogy u make - fine wine/hard stuff! Love it!

Pavlik was always fun to watch, i knew he would never beat a guy like B Hop but he was big, strong, full of balls, could bang with the best and kept that pressure on all night! Fun fighter. Shame how he's let his outside life ruin his ring life....

Comment

every time i see pavlik i just feel he is overrated and given to much respect

Comment

pavlik and miranda

pavlik and taylor

pro debut as a teenager
              this one is from 2000!
              Hadn't seen his debut before, nice find thanks for sharing. Kelly was banging that right hand in from the start huh

Comment

It's a damn shame he faded so quick. Both Pavlik and Taylor, both the best middleweights after Hopkins looked great, and then went downhill quick.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  It's a damn shame he faded so quick. Both Pavlik and Taylor, both the best middleweights after Hopkins looked great, and then went downhill quick.
                  i've said this a few times before, but if you had told me that hopkins would outlast both taylor and pavlik i'd have offered to drive you to the doctor to get your head checked out

and here we are

Comment

Originally posted by rsf View Post
                    every time i see pavlik i just feel he is overrated and given to much respect

nobody here is saying he was anything other than a terrific action fighter
                    a hard man

and the MW champion of the world

Comment

Working...
                    X