Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 02-09-2019, 03:21 PM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
YunG_Fighter is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,449.12
Default Sparring Footage with me and my mate - Some advice/or help to improve would be nice

Hey all my name is Yung and I been boxing since 2013. Havent had any fights, just done two exhibitions and a lot of sparring, this is a little sparring footage of me and my mate practicing together. I understand sparring and fighting are two different things so we werent really going all out.

I'm the short guy with the white t-shirt and head gear on. He is a southpaw with the black singlet on and is slightly the taller fighter.

I had to post 15 posts to get this up so I hope I wasnt spamming haha.

But this forum seems good and I might stick around!

I'm always looking for room to improve so some advice and tips would be nice.
RIght now I'm wanting to work on how to fight taller fighters and learn working on "how to get on the inside"

Please view this video and give me some recommended advice and tell me what you think of the sessions.

Cheers.

Part 1

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Part 2

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Last edited by YunG_Fighter; 02-09-2019 at 03:25 PM.
YunG_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-09-2019, 04:45 PM #2
Official NSB POTY 2016

Quoted: 4861 Post(s)
LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,110.42
Total Points: 65,545.05
For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao 
Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES War Fury - valero Tyson Fury bout to give Wladimir the ol' Pizza Face - Thurman Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. War Fury! - StudentOfDaGame 
Long live the king lol - HughJass No Message - anthonydavid11 that sig pic tho.. - Santa_ LoadedWraps that dude - Mike D Cheers brother! - Bombs Away! 
No Message - anthonydavid11 You're still one of my favorite posters bruh...even when we disagree - Mike D Something to drink during Kovalev-Ward! - mathed 2017 MVP - Mike D !!!! WAR SRISAKET !!!! - badboyz08 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - punchr 

I only had time to watch the first vid but good ish.

You look pretty good, for the most part. Did see you throw your hand out lazily at times out and back, you can pay for that against someone fast looking for easy counters. Also it's risky to switch defensive stances so close, especially if he's in the middle of a combination lol. Floyd does that often when he's feeling confident, but you can get caught in transition. I do like how you keep moving for the most part, circle your opponent but don't let him set, if you can't take the center of the ring.

Your friend looks sharp for the most part as well, he reminds me of myself a little, he's a little stiff, but I loved some of the things he did, like pushing your guard away to sneak in a shot, an advanced move. He does leave himself open a lot though, if he always fights out of a shell he needs to work on his defensive postures.
LoadedWraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:34 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1877 Post(s)
Luilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 25,468.08
Good posts. Here's your first gift. - 1bad65 Good post. Cheers! - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Fuck you degenerate racist - cheeseburger degenerate trash - cheeseburger 

I wouldnt box behind a window if you want to improve I suggest getting a better sparring partner
Luilun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:53 AM #4
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedWraps View Post
I only had time to watch the first vid but good ish.

You look pretty good, for the most part. Did see you throw your hand out lazily at times out and back, you can pay for that against someone fast looking for easy counters. Also it's risky to switch defensive stances so close, especially if he's in the middle of a combination lol. Floyd does that often when he's feeling confident, but you can get caught in transition. I do like how you keep moving for the most part, circle your opponent but don't let him set, if you can't take the center of the ring.
Thanks mate. Yeah I need to work on my conditioning and fitness haha, I been doing boxing on and off and love to do sparring sessions.

It's the fight game, you can never master it and there's always something to learn. I need to work on my inside game but I dislike getting hit lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luilun View Post
I wouldnt box behind a window if you want to improve I suggest getting a better sparring partner
What's wrong with my mate? The tall guy with the black singlet and no headgear. My coach told me it always good to spar bigger people
Old 02-10-2019, 04:20 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Luilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond repute
Good posts. Here's your first gift. - 1bad65 Good post. Cheers! - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Fuck you degenerate racist - cheeseburger degenerate trash - cheeseburger 

He’s to green box guys with more experience than you and get a knowledge coach
Old 02-10-2019, 04:32 AM #6
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luilun View Post
Hes to green - box guys with more experience than you and get a knowledge coach
What's that suppose to mean mate? Care to explain lol.

And cheers, thanks for the tips
Old 02-10-2019, 02:13 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

[QUOTE=YunG_Fighter;19501312]What's that suppose to mean mate? Care to explain lol.

And cheers, thanks for the tips[/QUOTE
My mistake I thought you were the taller guy

Last edited by Luilun; 02-10-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:39 AM #8
Amateur

[QUOTE=Luilun;19502329]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YunG_Fighter View Post

Yeah my mate is very good. He's had multiple of fights

I always struggle against taller fighter
Old 02-12-2019, 04:29 AM #9

Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 35,687.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

[QUOTE=Luilun;19502329]
Quote:

I made the same mistake too..
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:39 AM #10
Official NSB POTY 2016

Quoted: 4861 Post(s)
LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,110.42
Total Points: 65,545.05
For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao 
Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES War Fury - valero Tyson Fury bout to give Wladimir the ol' Pizza Face - Thurman Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. War Fury! - StudentOfDaGame 
Long live the king lol - HughJass No Message - anthonydavid11 that sig pic tho.. - Santa_ LoadedWraps that dude - Mike D Cheers brother! - Bombs Away! 
No Message - anthonydavid11 You're still one of my favorite posters bruh...even when we disagree - Mike D Something to drink during Kovalev-Ward! - mathed 2017 MVP - Mike D !!!! WAR SRISAKET !!!! - badboyz08 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - punchr 

Quote:
Thanks mate. Yeah I need to work on my conditioning and fitness haha, I been doing boxing on and off and love to do sparring sessions.

It's the fight game, you can never master it and there's always something to learn. I need to work on my inside game but I dislike getting hit lol

What's wrong with my mate? The tall guy with the black singlet and no headgear. My coach told me it always good to spar bigger people

Some wise words that Tyson once said, but not in these exact words....boxing is like a drug...just a like an addict is always chasing the perfect high, a boxer is always chasing the perfect round....and he can never achieve it...there is always something you know you can do better.
LoadedWraps is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
advice/or, footage, improve, mate, nice, sparring

User Tag List
Koba-Grozny, LoadedWraps