Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Wilder vs Fury surpass the revenue generated by Joshua vs Klitschko or Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    But you should definitely count international money, especially if Joshua/Klitschko got supposedly $14 million in broadcast rights.
    I would totally count it if I could find regular info on it. The problem is its a undisclosed revenue stream for 99.9% of fights. Usually you'll only hear a number for the biggest fights like May Pac. I was surprised I found numbers on Joshua vs Klitschko honestly.

Generally PPV accounts for the vast majority of the revenue & you can usually find gate numbers so it just made sense to use those numbers.

And you mentioned earlier that you were surprised Joshua vs Klitschko made so much foreign broadcast money, but I think it makes sense cuz Joshua had the Showtime deal at the time & Klitschko was making mad bank in Germany during his reign so I'm sure that accounted for a nice chunk of the money they took in.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Yea I was just using my best guess on the gate. Supposedly a sell out at Staples for a boxing event WAS at one time $8M. Its entirely reasonable thats gone up in recent years.

Anyone know if there is a way to estimate a sellout gate revenue based on known ticket prices & the available seating? Seems like thats a figure one might be able to calculate but idk.
      I don’t know how the stadiums set up but the attendance is roughly 20k for boxing but just quickly looking at the ticket prices

Uppers seems to be going for 75-200
      Lowers 500-1500
      And i didn’t see floor seats but I’d guess 2000-10k

Even at a real rough estimate

10k uppers @ $150 avg = 1.5 mil
      9k lowers @ $750 avg = 6.5 mil
      1500 floors @ 3k = 4.5

Total 12.5

All a quick guess with no real numbers to support my estimate But If the fight approaches a sell out , It’s for sure going to shatter that previous gate

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        I don’t know how the stadiums set up but the attendance is roughly 20k for boxing but just quickly looking at the ticket prices

Uppers seems to be going for 75-200
        Lowers 500-1500
        And i didn’t see floor seats but I’d guess 2000-10k

Even at a real rough estimate

10k uppers @ $150 avg = 1.5 mil
        9k lowers @ $750 avg = 6.5 mil
        1500 floors @ 3k = 4.5

Total 12.5

All a quick guess with no real numbers to support my estimate But If the fight approaches a sell out , It’s for sure going to shatter that previous gate
        Here's a seating chart with prices I found. Anyone wanna estimate this out lol?

Comment

The fight is not an easy sell on pay per view, but if they put heavy time and energy into it like they have been doing it might do quite well.

They will need to push some good promotional money into it to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I would totally count it if I could find regular info on it. The problem is its a undisclosed revenue stream for 99.9% of fights. Usually you'll only hear a number for the biggest fights like May Pac. I was surprised I found numbers on Joshua vs Klitschko honestly.

Generally PPV accounts for the vast majority of the revenue & you can usually find gate numbers so it just made sense to use those numbers.

And you mentioned earlier that you were surprised Joshua vs Klitschko made so much foreign broadcast money, but I think it makes sense cuz Joshua had the Showtime deal at the time & Klitschko was making mad bank in Germany during his reign so I'm sure that accounted for a nice chunk of the money they took in.
            HBO and SHO both paid decent amount of cash for the fight, especially SHO as they showed it live. But I think majority of that amount came from Germany television rights.

May not know exactly how much they get in international rights, but could take a decent guess.

Either way, like I said to surpass the UK PPV revenue made from Joshua/Klitschko, Wilder/Fury would have to do around 600k US buys.

One problem now in comparing PPV numbers is you really don't know how many digital buys these PPVs do. More and more people are now buying it off a digital platform and no clue how we account for those buys.

So far the early promotion of the fight has been a success, but still two months out until the fight. The All Access episodes have to be good and they have to continue promoting the crap out of this fight.

Comment

Working...
            X