Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 hours for Wilder and Fury to agree

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wilder and fury have both earned the benefit of the doubt. not like eddie hearn's field n!gga/B&B co-owner

Comment

Like I said, Wilder fans will spin it. Today's spin is that this fight is putting pressure on AJ and Hearn hahaHha. Boy, that 32 million that AJ will earn against Miller sure sounds like a lot of pressure to me hahaha. Wilder fans are officially worse than Canelo fans. They are scared to death to let this thing go to purse bid because they know that DAZN will come in and outbid everybody for it and Warren would have a heart attack haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
        they know that DAZN will come in and outbid everybody for it and Warren would have a heart attack haha
        Mate, DAZN have now thrown big money behind AJ v Miller. I doubt they bid big for Wilder/Fury 2 now.

If AJ had fought Whyte again it may have been a different story.

My guess is that PBC waited for Joshua's fight to be finalised before allowing it to go to purse bid, knowing that DAZN wouldn't throw as much money at it and they would get away with having to give Fury only 40%.

Fury of course will just walk away from this and has maybe a big UK PPV with Whyte he could try and make instead where he gets the bigger split/flat fee.

What are Wilders options? Breazeale and Ortiz 2 and significantly less money.

Fury holds the power in this situation. He is surely trying to get 50% and PBC know they won't have to pay him that by winning the purse bid.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          Mate, DAZN have now thrown big money behind AJ v Miller. I doubt they bid big for Wilder/Fury 2 now.

If AJ had fought Whyte again it may have been a different story.

My guess is that PBC waited for Joshua's fight to be finalised before allowing it to go to purse bid, knowing that DAZN wouldn't throw as much money at it and they would get away with having to give Fury only 40%.

Fury of course will just walk away from this and has maybe a big UK PPV with Whyte he could try and make instead where he gets the bigger split/flat fee.

What are Wilders options? Breazeale and Ortiz 2 and significantly less money.

Fury holds the power in this situation. He is surely trying to get 50% and PBC know they won't have to pay him that by winning the purse bid.

DAZN has over a billion dollars to work with. They can outbid ANY of the other promotional companies by a mile if they wanted to. Both Fury and Wilder need each other if they aren't fighting AJ because neither one of them can fill up an arena without the other. Actually, they can't even fill up an arena by fighting each other either hahaha. Sad

Comment

Cant prove it but i hear from a person who knows a person that there is 2 problems with the deal. 1 is Wilder wants a rematch clause and Team Fury are saying "this is a rematch" also the rematch would be in the states and if there is to be one team Fury want it in the UK. The other thing is Warren was fully expecting them to get 45% and they are being offered 42.5.

Breazeale i think you should be doing a few light stretches right now, get a bit warmed up.

Comment

WBC Can...

WTF is the rush? Let them work things out and get the rematch done

Comment

Considering the WBC installed Bermaine Stiverne and Dominic freakin’ Breazeale as mandatories I’m not sure why anyone thinks they have the integrity to enforce a deadline like this

Comment

The rematch will happen.

Comment

Theyll get more time. Similar to the delays in the Joshua/Povetkin announcement. People got their knickers in a twist when that wasnt announced on the exact second of the first deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Pressuring Joshua? You do know Joshua has offered both 60/40 splits right?
                      Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Yeah i dont get that. The man is basically begging for a fight from those two. In Wilder's case he stands to become the undisputed. In Fury's case he stands to win all his belt back. But yeah let them "Keep pressuring" Joshua by fighting each other 10 times and not fighting him, thats how boxing fans think nowadays.
                      come on you don't know the truth behind these deals and whatever little things have been put in the contract in regards to the PPV split ect its not just a simple here have 40% of the pie same way i believe wilders 50mill offer was full of BS

It is pressuring Joshua and Hearn that same way you pressure someone in poker calling their bluff tell me where will joshua go after miller if fury and wilder rematch at a later date after his fight? ortiz? no chance hearn aint interested whyte? he wants paying through the nose and theres little reward for beating him again

what else is left? he won't have a credible opponent and will need to pay more to get fury and wilder to fight him instead of each other thats pressure and good business sense if either of you think you are smarter than the teams behind wilder and fury go submit an application to showtime ect
                      Last edited by davef; 02-11-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X