No announcement yet.

I Expected Floyd to Toy With Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Expected Floyd to Toy With Him

....I think Floyd went in there to play but got serious once some leather touched him. That dude went from playful to destroying that kid...I think in a way this fight is a statement, non boxers (MMA/UFC) guys need to stop calling him out. He only look like he don't hit hard but ask Tenshun.

The fight was a farce but I give Floyd credit for ending it fast and demonstrating there are levels in this game.

I thought it was hilarious.

It obviously was meant to be some nice exhibition bout, kind of sparring for 3 rounds to lead nicely into the new year countdown. All jovial and smiles all round to see in the new year together.

Then Floyd just decides to steam roll him and having him flopping around like a fish.

Comment

I think Tenshin actually thought Floyd would carry him for 3 rounds, let him have his moments, entertain the crowd. I wouldn't doubt dudes whole family and fans were in the crowd crying at the beatdown. This suppose to be an exhibition, somebody didn't tell Floyd that! Floyd's villain status just shot through the roof!! LOL

Comment

I remember in Pros vs Joe’s when Arturo Gatti was in it. He brutally KOed some 225 lb frat boy. People have no idea unless they’ve boxed with someone who is really good.

I trained to get into shape. Knew a couple boxers, one who was a pro. I had 30 lbs on this dude sparring, he dropped me with a jab. A jab that I couldn’t see to my chin and I was on the canvas seeing stars. You have no idea how hard there’s guys hit until you’ve been hit by them. I got up, and then took a body shot that took my wind and it was over as far as sparring but we stayed in the ring and he showed me some things. A lot of fun. I’ve been in the ring with a pro who I outweighed by a lot who went like 19-27 and he toyed with me. Tunshion was just in there with a guy 50-0 who had 25 lbs on him.
        Last edited by Johnny2x2x; 12-31-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
          ....I think Floyd went in there to play but got serious once some leather touched him. That dude went from playful to destroying that kid...I think in a way this fight is a statement, non boxers (MMA/UFC) guys need to stop calling him out. He only look like he don't hit hard but ask Tenshun.

The fight was a farce but I give Floyd credit for ending it fast and demonstrating there are levels in this game.
          That's exactly it. Floyd felt a little embarrassed when he missed badly a few times and got tagged. Then the BS time was over and he got serious all of a sudden. Tenshin to his credit even when he was getting dropped would get up and throw some heat. That young hungry lion definitely has heart!

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
            I think Tenshin actually thought Floyd would carry him for 3 rounds, let him have his moments, entertain the crowd. I wouldn't doubt dudes whole family and fans were in the crowd crying at the beatdown. This suppose to be an exhibition, somebody didn't tell Floyd that! Floyd's villain status just shot through the roof!! LOL
            I actually thought it was because Tenshin was taking it seriously. I think Floyd was thinking it was an exhibition but Tenshin started talking about knocking him out and you could see by the way he come out in the ring that he was taking it serious, so Floyd just decided to put him away haha.

I dunno, not really worth analysing too much but it was funny anyway.

Maybe Floyd planned it all along. He had some troubles with the company, the fight got cancelled at one point because he thought they tried to swindle him. Maybe he decided to teach them a lesson. I do genuinely think that they thought this kid was a star that could trouble a near 42 year old Mayweather.

Tenshin looked distraught afterwards. He certainly wasn't expecting that.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
              I actually thought it was because Tenshin was taking it seriously. I think Floyd was thinking it was an exhibition but Tenshin started talking about knocking him out and you could see by the way he come out in the ring that he was taking it serious, so Floyd just decided to put him away haha.

I dunno, not really worth analysing too much but it was funny anyway.

Maybe Floyd planned it all along. He had some troubles with the company, the fight got cancelled at one point because he thought they tried to swindle him. Maybe he decided to teach them a lesson. I do genuinely think that they thought this kid was a star that could trouble a near 42 year old Mayweather.

Tenshin looked distraught afterwards. He certainly wasn't expecting that.
              I actually really felt bad how Tenshin left to the locker room. Dude had a towel on his face as he was probably crying. Like man, there is no shame in this. You were fighting one of the best boxers ever who is MUCH bigger than you. Maybe he also thought Floyd would take it a bit easy or was told by his people Floyd would take it easy and then realized that wasn't the case.

Either that or he was just embarrassed at what happened. I mean he was undefeated so not like he's taken a loss before so he didn't know how to deal with it?

Comment

I agree...he was gonna be playful...but then the boy landed a punch, and it gave Floyd a flashback and made him "turn into a dragon" again...lol

That 1st KD shot to the top side of his head was the reason he kept flopping over and over....he was in a state of pure discombobulation.

Comment

This was supposed to be an exhibition fight but when Floyd got serious I had a feeling it would get ugly. I expected Tenshin to start throwing kicks lol. Now that would've been funny as f-ck.

Comment

I wanted to see Floyd's reflexes, setting traps and a few smooth counter punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X