Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarification on my last post about my coach instructions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beasting102 View Post
    Yes, I am getting sparring in. I’m winning against opponents my weight, but when I go against opponents that are lower than me, I have trouble punching down at them.
    start thinking about adjusting your stance and style depending on the height and size of our opponent and his style. You cant fight everyone the same way. The long jab should be effective against shorter opponents. If he is going low and getting inside on you use your uppercut, step to the side and hook to the body. learn the punches that will be effective in this case

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
      start thinking about adjusting your stance and style depending on the height and size of our opponent and his style. You cant fight everyone the same way. The long jab should be effective against shorter opponents. If he is going low and getting inside on you use your uppercut, step to the side and hook to the body. learn the punches that will be effective in this case
      Will do. Thanks for the tips

Comment

Good then keep it up don’t get bothered by this too much focus on always being balanced after a punch even when you miss. Everyone sort of fights their own style anyway. I don’t think two guys I fought or sparred ever fought exactly the same. Some crouch low some stand tall the really good guys can do both.

Comment

Working...
        X