Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you guys have jury duty before ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guys have jury duty before ?

I got a notice I have it November 19th.

I don't wanna ****ing go will I get in trouble if I don't show?

Also what is it like? My brother told me not so bad, he walked to the bar down the block for his breaks.

Tips? Advice?

I ****ing hate court.

The trick is to tell them you’re prejudiced towards all races.

Comment

Just say you're job doesn't pay for jury duty. There should be a check box that says attending jury duty will cause financial loss for you. And wait till the last few days to send back the notice so they won't have time to respond to you.

And it's not like they're going to ask your job if they pay for jury duty or not.

Comment

Jury duty actually isn't too bad, just boring as f**k and a lot of waiting around.

My job actually does pay up to five days if I was to get selected, but I'd rather work than go to jury duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          Just say you're job doesn't pay for jury duty. There should be a check box that says attending jury duty will cause financial loss for you. And wait till the last few days to send back the notice so they won't have time to respond to you.

And it's not like they're going to ask your job if they pay for jury duty or not.
          Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          Jury duty actually isn't too bad, just boring as f**k and a lot of waiting around.

My job actually does pay up to five days if I was to get selected, but I'd rather work than go to jury duty.

This is the problem with jury duty, all the smart people find a way out of it so then you’re stuck with the not so bright judging cases.

Comment

Everyone I ask says it ****ing sucks.

I already filled it out.

****ing **** man I'm already dreading it. Hopefully they don't pick me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Also what is it like? My brother told me not so bad, he walked to the bar down the block for his breaks.

Tips? Advice?

I ****ing hate court.
              all kinds of people who i wanted on my jury.. ghetto people like me.. wanted to go back to work.. my bish as sista was on a jury.. i said find him not guilty..

anyway.. my homie greg.. was called on jury duty.. he is polish... stanford boss..

he was like z.. what should i do to get off..it is called In the United States, voir dire is the process by which prospective jurors are questioned about their backgrounds and potential biases before being chosen to sit on a jury. "Voir Dire is the process by which attorneys select, or perhaps more appropriately reject, certain jurors to hear a case."

if i had a jury of my peers.. i would have never been convicted if poor ghetto people had the time to waste

ignore that.... bs

i kinda dont think you realize i do it close.... i am sure... you never ever did it close

my lil homies have sisters who get jury duty

i make them say not guilty

so that a guy can get a better plea bargain deal

son/// you looks soft to me stop drinkig stop

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                This is the problem with jury duty, all the smart people find a way out of it so then you’re stuck with the not so bright judging cases.
                I cant recall where I first heard it or who said it first, but one of my favorite quotes is, "A jury is made up of 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty".

Me, I've been called twice but never chosen. I basically went, checked in, filled out a form, and then got released later in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  The trick is to tell them you’re prejudiced towards all races.
                  a canadiean duddly do right..CANADA is so subserviant to the US..

i tole jaded i cleared us costoms in canada.... you soft azz canadiens weak

i am a racist.... i am jew ... my cousins live in canada, usa, mexico, israel

i needed soft and kind guys like you on my jury

all the smart guys said guilty until prven innocent Voir dire

Voir dire (/ˈvwɑːr dɪər/; often /vɔɪr daɪər/) is a legal phrase for a variety of procedures connected with jury trials. It originally referred to an oath taken by jurors to tell the truth (Latin: verum dicere),[1] i.e., to say what is true, what is objectively accurate or subjectively honest, or both.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Tips? Advice?

I ****ing hate court.
                    Yeah I did in Canada. Probably similar in the US. Everyone contacted shows up at the courthouse. They then determine who is on the panel and contact you later. In Canada you have to show up. Your employer cannot deny you time off. Your employer is not obligated to pay you for lost time. I ended up selected. You go home at night. You cannot discuss the case with anyone. You aren't allowed to read about the case or watch it on TV. All discussion between jurors about the case is to be done with all jurors present. I'm a smoker so if I and others wanted to smoke during recess the entire jury had to go with us. They offered to do that for us we didn't ask. It took about a week.

Comment

Working...
                    X