Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Did It Become Acceptable For A Fighter 2 Say 154-168 is Easy, But Never Show Up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Did It Become Acceptable For A Fighter 2 Say 154-168 is Easy, But Never Show Up?

And the excuses in 3, 2, 1...!

when you get avoided for the first 2/3 of your prime and all the money is at 160, where nobody [cotto, martinez, canelo when he was at "155," several alphabet holders,] would fight you.

loeffler would ahve signed for a fight at 154 lbs with floyd mayweather in SECONDS.

they box for money. don't get your panties in a bunch when a 37 year old at the tail end of his career and a style based on eating shots to the forehead won't go to 168 lbs for less money. sheesh. i got a bridge in brooklyn i can sell you, if you're really that stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      loeffler would ahve signed for a fight at 154 lbs with floyd mayweather in SECONDS.

they box for money.
      You STILL don’t get it!

Cotto, Floyd and Canelo - huge money fights were one division lower. All GGG had to do since his debut - because 154 is “easy” - is rank himself and beat any guys to be the mando to any 154 Champ!!!

Look at Floyd, Eubank Jr., Mikey, Canelo, fighter’s whom have been ranked in multiple divisions simultaneously to get a clue!

Truth is “154 is easy” was just clout chasing. It makes no sense to duck 154 when that’s where all the money was at since GGG’s debut.

That fact that you don’t understand this shows you’re a casual bruh!

aboutfkntime is the King of this topic

Comment

PBC had all the top 154 guys.

Charlo's, Lara, etc.

Golovkin wanted no smoke with those guys. He avoided all truly skilled fighters until he fought Jacobs. Brook actually won a few rounds and brusied his face up pretty good.

He's basically always been what he is now, it's just never been noticable due to his competition. I had Canelo, Jacobs, Derevychenko all beating him.

I mean that last fight wasn't even that close lol.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
          And the excuses in 3, 2, 1...!
          Another day another dozen hate threads about GGG by you the insane GGG hating Canelo loving fool. GGG never said that. His loud mouthed ex trainer Sanchez said that and GGG was unaware that he said it. GGG offered to drop to 154 for Mayweather and he offered to go to England to fight Froch at 168. Don't be such a damn pathetic hater all the time. Canelo only goes up in weight when he can cherrypick a 12 to 1 underdog Fielding o a 4 to 1 underdog Kovalev. Let's see him fight any young light heavyweight champ or Callum Smith, Benavidez or Bivol at 168. Lots of good boxers today have never moved up an ounce yet you say nothing bad about Lara, Hurd, Froch, Williams and many others and yet you only single out Spence and GGG like the hater that you are.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
            You STILL don’t get it!

Cotto, Floyd and Canelo - huge money fights were one division lower. All GGG had to do since his debut - because 154 is “easy” - is rank himself and beat any guys to be the mando to any 154 Champ!!!

Look at Floyd, Eubank Jr., Mikey, Canelo, fighter’s whom have been ranked in multiple divisions simultaneously to get a clue!

Truth is “154 is easy” was just clout chasing. It makes no sense to duck 154 when that’s where all the money was at since GGG’s debut.

That fact that you don’t understand this shows you’re a casual bruh!

aboutfkntime is the King of this topic
            He actually knows boxing. You just try to act like an expert but you are just a know nothing weirdo in your own weird world. For years you have been saying GGG has been killing himself staying at 160 and should have moved up to 168 where he would be much stronger and healthier.
            Today you do a 180 and say GGG should have fought a bunch of guys at 154. You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              PBC had all the top 154 guys.

Charlo's, Lara, etc.

Golovkin wanted no smoke with those guys. He avoided all truly skilled fighters until he fought Jacobs. Brook actually won a few rounds and brusied his face up pretty good.

He's basically always been what he is now, it's just never been noticable due to his competition. I had Canelo, Jacobs, Derevychenko all beating him.

I mean that last fight wasn't even that close lol.
              You are another GGG hater joining in. You are not capable of scoring his fights fairly. To you if he doesn't KO the guy he lost. Brook won one round and got slaughtered and ruined. Nobody but GGG haters and Canelo lovers think he lost to Canelo or Jacobs. Many thought he lost to Dervy but not to Jacobs or Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                You are another GGG hater joining in. You are not capable of scoring his fights fairly. To you if he doesn't KO the guy he lost. Brook won one round and got slaughtered and ruined. Nobody but GGG haters and Canelo lovers think he lost to Canelo or Jacobs. Many thought he lost to Dervy but not to Jacobs or Canelo.
                I mean, look at Golovkin's face after 5 rounds against Brook where he lost two of them, some would argue three, I say two. Had Brook not injured his eye, who knows what could've happened.

Jacobs won 7 rounds against GGG in my eyes. Sky Sports had him winning 8.

The first Canelo fight was a draw rightfully. Second one Canelo won clearly, close fight but Canelo took it.

The Derevychenko fight, I had Derevychenko winning 8 rounds. Boxingscene agreed, the DAZN broadcast had him winning 7. It could be argued Derevychenko won 9 rounds even to be honest.

How am I a GGG hater? He's a great fighter, but everytime he stepped up against top competition I saw him come up short slightly. Compare that to how easily he was blowing everyone out of the water before stepping up in competition, the difference is night and day. He's still got the power for sure, hence the knockdowns, but that doesn't put you over the edge against the elite fighters.

Power and an A level jab is pretty much all he has at the top level.

Comment

Let's wait and see how guys start looking when they're 35+ years old.

Comment

LOL people still care about this GGG quote from like 5 years ago. The guy is almost 40 yrs old on rapid decline with like 3 fights left, who cares.

Comment

Working...
                    X