Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At this point Jermall Charlo is hurting himself.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    All-time great? I've never said that. I wouldn't remotely call him great (I wouldn't rank him top 20 at MW). I always felt he was overrated personally. Much like Charlo. He's far better and more proven than Charlo though.
    oh i wasnt saying you said exactly that...but you know many around here and around boxing boards have said just that....

at this point though charlo is about as proven as golovkin was...bout same level of comp at comparable age

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      oh i wasnt saying you said exactly that...but you know many around here and around boxing boards have said just that....

at this point though charlo is about as proven as golovkin was...bout same level of comp at comparable age
      Charlo probably deserved a L vs. a late replacement in the average Korobov and struggled with a shell of Trout. I think those opponents are no better than Geale, Macklin, Lemieux who GGG wiped out or Jacobs who he beat close, but clear. Charlo hasn't done any unification fights, barely not much at championship level. I think they are a ways apart.

Charlo IMO would be cannon fodder for Canelo or Jacobs and of course Golovkin even this 37 year old version.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Geez daggum. Only counting his last 3 fights. At least be man enough to count all the other fights as well.

You and some others on this site only criticize this strategy when a pbc fighter employs it. That wreaks of bias.
        You specifically said “whilst waiting for Canelo” so why would he include the other fights?

Comment

Charlo probably deserved a L vs. a late replacement in the average Korobov and struggled with a shell of Trout. I think those opponents are no better than Geale, Macklin, Lemieux who GGG wiped out or Jacobs who he beat close, but clear. Charlo hasn't done any unification fights, barely not much at championship level. I think they are a ways apart.

Charlo IMO would be cannon fodder for Canelo or Jacobs and of course Golovkin even this 37 year old version.
          take a look at comp by age 28...when you actually look at charlos is actually better.....28 is the age charlo is currently....youre looking at golovkin later and comparing him to 28 year old charlo

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            take a look at comp by age 28...when you actually look at charlos is actually better.....28 is the age charlo is currently....youre looking at golovkin later and comparing him to 28 year old charlo
            With him staying at PBC and not going elsewhere do you seem him being more proven or have a better legacy than Golovkin? I don't see it. He may force a mandatory which he'd lose easily so he's unlikely to have a long reign and he may lose to Korobov level opponents before he's in his mid 30's.

He's not Crawford who's already gotten credentials and accomplishments like cleaning out a division, undisputed in the next, FOTY year. Toiling away on PBC whilst all the other top guys at 160 and 168 are elsewhere won't get Charlo any real recognition.

Comment

Truly sick of this sport. All these clowns wanna do is wait for the big paycheck to come, skip the ones in the middle and fight scrubs meanwhile.

Comment

With him staying at PBC and not going elsewhere do you seem him being more proven or have a better legacy than Golovkin? I don't see it. He may force a mandatory which he'd lose easily so he's unlikely to have a long reign and he may lose to Korobov level opponents before he's in his mid 30's.

He's not Crawford who's already gotten credentials and accomplishments like cleaning out a division, undisputed in the next, FOTY year. Toiling away on PBC whilst all the other top guys at 160 and 168 are elsewhere won't get Charlo any real recognition.
                well....i thought we were just staying in the division and comparing him to golovkin for the moment werent we? seems like thats where we were but you want to jump back to crawford now lol

literally the only fights that legitimize golovkin are jacobs and canelo 2x....of which he won one fight...by a narrow margin....and hes 37...literally everything else golovkin did is basically whatever....sure he knocked alot of guys out but they all flat out stunk....basically charlo has like 10 years to find 3 meaningful fights

and you presume he will lose....but boxing is littered with stories of good fighters having bad/off nights....you are presuming charlo will always look like that....which might not be a good idea...or it might but time will tell

crawford has a nice little list of accomplishments....but hes yet to do anything of any real note in a division with fighters has high profile as canelo or golovkin.....yeah 135 was nice...but its not like he beat a loma or a mikey...140 was nice too but still no real resume defining win either....to this day his resume gets called into question quite frequently as even 147 hasnt produced a real notable win.....sure if we get down to it we can say "this win or that win" of his is "good" or "decent"....but still nothing all that impressive

just like looking at golovkins resume by age 28 shows you basically nothing....worst case scenario you and i can agree that golovkins and charlos resumes by age 28 are equal...although you may say golovkins better and i may say charlos...but if were being realistic we agree theyre about equal

Comment

Working...
                X