No announcement yet.

Arum: Margarito will drop WBO title to avoid Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum: Margarito will drop WBO title to avoid Williams

There's an interview with Bob Arum over on Box1ngtalk.com stating that Margarito will most likely drop his WBO title to fight Cotto in June at MSG. Regarding the mandatory that's due against Williams, Arums says "I'm not going to risk a massive promotion in Madison Square Garden over it."

After all this talk about Margarito being the most ducked fighter, looks like he's the one doing the ducking. With 7 months to go before June, you don't think Margarito would have time for an interim fight against his mandatory?

This is ****ty news if true..........I mean both fights are good fights but he should fight Williams first..........

Comment

PUNKED OUT....MARG IS A PURE PUNK...But hey, now he understands exactly what Pretty Boy was doing..Why fight mandy when I can fight the champ..

Comment

Sin, this is probably your worst post ever.

Margarito is going after bigger fish. Your post is just as laughable as those who say Floyd is ducking Hatton/Margarito to go after De Le Hoya. Put that proverbial thinkin' cap on, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood_htown View Post
          PUNKED OUT....MARG IS A PURE PUNK...But hey, now he understands exactly what Pretty Boy was doing..Why fight mandy when I can fight the champ..
          The thing is Margarito has time to fight someone else before fighting Cotto. Instead, he's happy just sitting on his couch again for another 7 months rather than being active and fighting more than twice a year. Margarito is a joke...

Comment

Margarito vs. Cotto is a much bigger fight in terms of money and interest than either guy facing Williams.

Comment

Better than seeing Cotto-Urkal

BUT This is all dependent on if Urkal steps aside,and Urkal has said he want the fight.I doubt cotto will drop his belt too,but who knows...

Comment

If this is indeed true, every single Margarito nuthugger needs to come in here and apologize for all the "Floyd is ducking Margarito" rants we've heard for the last year. In the post fight interview Marg did seem a little reluctant to fight Williams. If he pulls a Bowe move he should never speak Floyd's name again.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
                  Sin, this is probably your worst post ever.

Margarito is going after bigger fish. Your post is just as laughable as those who say Floyd is ducking Hatton/Margarito to go after De Le Hoya. Put that proverbial thinkin' cap on, buddy.
                  If Cotto has time to fight his mandatory, why doesn't Margarito? He's had no problem holding onto his WBO belt for years when bums were coming up as his mandatories, but when a real fighter steps up they want to vacate...

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
                    The thing is Margarito has time to fight someone else before fighting Cotto. Instead, he's happy just sitting on his couch again for another 7 months rather than being active and fighting more than twice a year. Margarito is a joke...
                    So do Mayweather and De La Hoya.

Comment

Working...
                    X