No announcement yet.

I consider Haye Bellew a NO CONTEST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Being 4-1 up in a 12 round fight does not mean you are "winning" if you are up against an opponent with superior stamina who is trying to take you into the later rounds and you are missing with most of your punches and not hurting him with the few you manage to land.

And do you even know that Haye was 4-1 up on the judges cards? All of the first 5 rounds were very close and they might have given Bellew more than 1.
    If a one legged Haye is still dangerous in a fight, heading into round 11, that doesn't say much for your opponent.

However, Haye should have won within 4 but he had no gameplan, no tactics. If you walk into the ring with no respect for your opponent and can't knock him down, what next? Win on points, which would have happened if Haye had any sort of gameplan (and wasn't injured), but it was a dogfight.

As for the superior stamina, Bellew was breathing heavy first and as Bellew has never fought at this weight before, how can you or anyone say he has superior stamina? ...unless you mean against a man with one leg?

Comment

Originally posted by David Haye View Post
      If a one legged Haye is still dangerous in a fight, heading into round 11, that doesn't say much for your opponent.

However, Haye should have won within 4 but he had no gameplan, no tactics. If you walk into the ring with no respect for your opponent and can't knock him down, what next? Win on points, which would have happened if Haye had any sort of gameplan (and wasn't injured), but it was a dogfight.

As for the superior stamina, Bellew was breathing heavy first and as Bellew has never fought at this weight before, how can you or anyone say he has superior stamina? ...unless you mean against a man with one leg?
      I was talking about Bellew's game plan, which was based on the assumption - right or wrong - that he would outlast a 36 year old opponent who had fought only twice in 5 years and was rumoured to be carrying an injury.

Watching the fight, it was obvious to me that Bellew was willing to give Haye some of those early rounds in order to avoid being dragged into a dog fight while Haye was still fresh and dangerous.

Bellew was also fighting injured, btw, a broken right hand which happened in the 2nd or 3rd round, according to him.

Comment

I was talking about Bellew's game plan, which was based on the assumption - right or wrong - that he would outlast a 36 year old opponent who had fought only twice in 5 years and was rumoured to be carrying an injury.

Watching the fight, it was obvious to me that Bellew was willing to give Haye some of those early rounds in order to avoid being dragged into a dog fight while Haye was still fresh and dangerous.

Bellew was also fighting injured, btw, a broken right hand which happened in the 2nd or 3rd round, according to him.
        I was surprised not many discussed Bellew and his condition, suggesting he had superior stamina. It's quite annoying that his trainers, promoter etc believe his gameplan worked.

Granted, He won, he avoided getting knocked out early, however surely as the fight went on, Haye would lean on some of his experience? some forget he does have experience.

I would suggest if Haye wasn't injured, as the fight went into the later rounds, Haye would have used his experience, rather than fat boy Bellew exposing his lack of stamina.

Hopefully the rematch happens, so we get some answers.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
          Haye was completely responsible for his own public image and had lost the respect of a lot of hardcore boxing fans because, like Bellew, they could see him for what he was and what he was after; an easy route to a bigmoney title fight to line his pockets and fund his retirement (again). Karma is a b*tch, eh?
          I am sure David Haye know's 100% that he is responsible for the public's perception of him in part! but you have to be some kind of ******, to not pick up on Sky Sports/Matchroom's agenda's (During this entire match up!) Yes...David Haye is outspoken, yes...he is also quite blunt and expressive with his views! but i consider him one of the good guys in boxing! He is maverick, who has always resisted authority! Its only really the casual mainstream sheeple that have negative perceptions of David Haye, real hardcore boxing fans deep down have a immense amount of respect for him!

But the point i am trying to make is? his performance up against Tony Bellew has actually gained him allot of credence with mainstream casual fans, and i believe that this is the start of Hayemaker 2.0! Karma can be a b*tch, because mother nature is the most unforgiving woman in the world! (I believe David Haye would of learnt a lot from this recent saga! ).....

The Haymaker will be back!

Comment

I was surprised not many discussed Bellew and his condition, suggesting he had superior stamina. It's quite annoying that his trainers, promoter etc believe his gameplan worked.

Granted, He won, he avoided getting knocked out early, however surely as the fight went on, Haye would lean on some of his experience? some forget he does have experience.

I would suggest if Haye wasn't injured, as the fight went into the later rounds, Haye would have used his experience, rather than fat boy Bellew exposing his lack of stamina.

Hopefully the rematch happens, so we get some answers.
            It wasn't just Haye's stamina that Bellew was trying to test. Remember him going on and on at the final presser about knowing that Haye was carrying some kind of injury?

He kept saying Haye was going to break down after 5 or 6 rounds and had built his game plan around that assumption, which turned out to be correct!

I wonder if a rematch would sell as many tickets, now that the grudge/needle element has been taken out of the equation?

They could hardly could go back to that again, after the love in at the end of the fight. If they wanted a rematch, they should have done a Froch/Groves. Maybe Hearn would have whispered something about that in Bellew's ear, if Tony hadn't shrugged him off and gone straight over to Haye.

Comment

It wasn't just Haye's stamina that Bellew was trying to test. Remember him going on and on at the final presser about knowing that Haye was carrying some kind of injury?

He kept saying Haye was going to break down after 5 or 6 rounds and had built his game plan around that assumption, which turned out to be correct!

I wonder if a rematch would sell as many tickets, now that the grudge/needle element has been taken out of the equation?

They could hardly could go back to that again, after the love in at the end of the fight. If they wanted a rematch, they should have done a Froch/Groves. Maybe Hearn would have whispered something about that in Bellew's ear, if Tony hadn't shrugged him off and gone straight over to Haye.
              Bellew was saying many things before the fight that weren't true, such as "Haye could have fought anyone" yet after the fight he said "no one wanted to fight Haye".

It's all part of their mind games. Bellew and Hearn knew everyone was avoiding Haye however suggesting Haye was avoiding big fights, was part of their tactic.

Same regarding the Injury, they believed Haye would tire, but not due to entering the fight with an Injury, more mocking him for his previous, regarding his reputation for using injuries as an excuse for a defeat.

Part of their gameplan worked, mind games and surviving the early rounds, however Bellew doesn't have superior stamina and he couldn't knock out a man with one leg.

As for the rematch - this is the UK - the fight will sell. It doesn't take much to sell big fights. British fans love a big event and a night of entertainment.

Comment

He picked up a 4.7 million purse. Not bad for a shot fighter who hasn't been competitive since 2012 and never trained correctly for the fight.
                Yes, and I willingly accept he is to be congratulated on that as prizefighting is what it's about; he managed to con a real good payday, well done David.

Comment

Working...
                X