Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have white American fans sold out to eastern European fighters because they are white

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    kazakhstan is in asia. so is most of russia.

so...

yeha.

as a white dude, i'd like to put in my .02:

i don't give a **** what color you are. a dog loves a bone. just be good, work hard, and fight top fighters and i'm a fan.
    ^^^^^^^

Comment

So it has nothing to do with these Eastern European fighters' relentlessness, skill & vicious attacks? It's just about them being white? Gotcha!

Comment

Us Brits support Brits. You Americans don't support your American fighters. Instead you bash them and support eastern euro fighters. I just can't work out why and this is the conclusion I came to.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Its just a few, not the majority. Don't let them ruin NSB anymore than they have.
          I disagree, if Boxing Scene and Twitter were a gauge into the mind of the average boxing fan, you'd get the sense that 70-80% of boxing fans care about skin color.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
            Us Brits support Brits. You Americans don't support your American fighters. Instead you bash them and support eastern euro fighters. I just can't work out why and this is the conclusion I came to.
            Not all Brits support Khan, Groves, Froch, Fury either and cheer for yanks/euros to fill them in. Depends on the personality and style of fighter you like I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
              This is sad but true. I wrote about this in a thread a few weeks back and some guys were butthurt over it.

Comment

Looking at scene and other forums the bulk of the new generation of EE nuthuggers seems to be disgruntled pacquiao fans.

Comment

OK, so people are always talking trash about how Loma and Kovalev aren't draws in the US, but now you're telling me that White Americans support them?
                  So which one is it? Do they get support or not?
                  And why is it a bad thing that they get support because they're not American? Why is that a bad thing?! Did anyone choose where they were born?

Also, when American fighters (Jones and Mayweather) get treated extremely well in foreign countries (ex. Russia) people seem to love that, but now people want foreign fighters to be treated like crap in the USA? Why is that?
                  Are these fighters saying bad things about America or the American public? I need someone to please explain.

I don't usually like to get into these debates, but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                    Not all Brits support Khan, Groves, Froch, Fury either and cheer for yanks/euros to fill them in. Depends on the personality and style of fighter you like I guess.
                    Ok. Out of those four fighters I don't really like Khan and Groves but that doesn't mean just because I don't like two British fighters I'm going to go and fanatically support eastern Euros. I would never ever ****ing sell my country out and do that. And even if it was an eastern Euro against Khan or Groves I'd still not back the eastern Euro. Not happenig.

Comment

Some American fighters (not only black) are just hard to root for because of the Floyd Mayweather influence. A lot of these guys grew up looking up to Floyd and it has made them very unlikable.

It has nothing to do with race. Ask the average white American boxing fan who there favorite fighter of all time is and my guess is that 90% of them will answer with an African American fighter.

Of course, there will always be some racist morons spewing nonsense, but as a fan it is a lot easier to root for guys like Loma and GGG than many of the "top" American fighters today.

Comment

Working...
                      X