Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie question about sparring and cross training.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question about sparring and cross training.

I plan on joining a boxing gym and getting extremely skillful at the sport. At the same time I don't want to get hit in the head too much for something I'm not getting paid for therefore is it okay to ask trainers and sparring partners to ease down on the force when punching to the head?

Secondly, I also want to do Judo and plan on doing it 1 day per week. Has anyone ever attempted this? Is it a good idea?

No stupid sarcastic replies when one tries (and fails) to be smart and funny please.

Originally posted by Tsun@mi View Post
    I plan on joining a boxing gym and getting extremely skillful at the sport. At the same time I don't want to get hit in the head too much for something I'm not getting paid for therefore is it okay to ask trainers and sparring partners to ease down on the force when punching to the head?

Secondly, I also want to do Judo and plan on doing it 1 day per week. Has anyone ever attempted this? Is it a good idea?

No stupid sarcastic replies when one tries (and fails) to be smart and funny please.
    Welcome to the forum, I am a multi-competition winning black belt in Judo and then after acquiring this, I began to learn to box. Because I started from a successful Judo background, many of the boxing gym grunts tried to "teach me a lesson" and every time they started to go a bit too hard, I kicked them with my Judo skills.

This little trick will keep them honest and respectful, so do this. Repeatedly. Keep doing it even when people are telling you to stop doing it and get annoyed. If they are losing their head and shouting that just means it is working.

Good luck, I am sure you will be extremely skillful
    Last edited by Butt stuff; 09-27-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Yes this man is right. Kicking your sparring partners will make you well liked in your boxing gym and lead to fairer treatment. I recommend you kick the coach in the nut sack during your first class.

If you are not man enough to do the above, tell your coach you don't plan to compete but you're cool with light, technical sparring. He will be fine with this because you're a paying customer. Then judo kick him right in his dick to make sure.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
      X