Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would win, Tua or RJJ who fought ruiz

I have got tua via ko..

far too strong and solid

Depends. Tua would be the favourite with that left hook - but if JJR decided to box and move he could potentially steal a decision. Overall, Roy was never a heavyweight and Tua was a very good one so he'd have to be the favourite.

Comment

depends on what tua,,,, if its the late 90s tua, then yeah tua would probably catch jones and ko him,,,

but if its tua 2000-present, i think roy would outpoint him easily just like byrd did...

Tua would only have a punchers chance vs jones..

Even rahman outboxed tua, so it can be done by jones

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
        I have got tua via ko..

far too strong and solid
        a young lighter tua would have caught jones at some point. young tua (under230) had great stamina and punched as hard in the last round as the first. cant see jones not being caught with something big at some point. older fat tua would have had all kinds of trouble hitting jones and would probably lose a decision

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          a young lighter tua would have caught jones at some point. young tua (under230) had great stamina and punched as hard in the last round as the first. cant see jones not being caught with something big at some point. older fat tua would have had all kinds of trouble hitting jones and would probably lose a decision
          Good point about young Tua's stamina. I remember him knocking out Izon and Maskaev in the championship rounds in back-to-back fights. That said, I'm not sure he could've caught RJJ, who would've likely spent most of the night creating space and then pot-shotting Tua. I don't know, though. Good thread.

Comment

Roy would win. And contrary to popular belief, Roy wouldn't turn into a puddle on the floor the moment Tua touched him with a glove. The right shot could do it, but I don't think it would land.

Comment

Working...
            X