Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do fighters get blamed for Bad decisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do fighters get blamed for Bad decisions?

This kind of crap is all too common in here. You can on any given day find comments from the more ******ed members of this forum like : "X fighter robbed Y fighter on the scorecards"

What kind of spasticity is this? The only exception, or better put, grey area is maybe the cases of Andre Ward and Devon 'Cornish pasty head' Alexander not fighting outside their hometowns....but even then, they arent sat at ringside scoring the fight.

This is my moan for today and I will bump this with idiotic robbery quotes as and when I see them.

Thing is with Ward he dominates everyone so why do the judges even matter

Comment

Because they're seen as benefiting directly from the 'robbery'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Because they're seen as benefiting directly from the 'robbery'.
        Maybe so, but its still feckin stupid.

Comment

It's sad that robberies are a norm in boxing. I only get angry at boxers when they try to sell the fight and pretend like they won. If they were honest about it I'd respect those fighters more. Example. Timothy Bradley, the guy says "I'll have to go home and watch the fight" in response to Kellerman's question if he thinks he won the fight. He was IN the fight, how can you not know?!?

Comment

It's not the robbery in itself , it's what the fighter who benefits from the robbery says afterwards that dictates fan reaction towards the fighter. Take Paul Williams for example: after getting schooled by Lara he had the audacity to claim he thought he won that fight...I remember think really? No way in hell can he honestly say he won that fight. His disengenioisness pissed me off. There have been a couple more throughout the years but IMO that's what causes a lot of the negative reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
              It's not the robbery in itself , it's what the fighter who benefits from the robbery says afterwards that dictates fan reaction towards the fighter. Take Paul Williams for example: after getting schooled by Lara he had the audacity to claim he thought he won that fight...I remember think really? No way in hell can he honestly say he won that fight. His disengenioisness pissed me off. There have been a couple more throughout the years but IMO that's what causes a lot of the negative reaction.
              I see what you're saying here and I have to admit that sometimes fighters dont make themselves look too good when they do this, but any fair minded and sensible fan of the sport knows its not the fighter that scores the fight. After fighting twelve hard rounds and then having a microphone shoved in your face could make someone a little defensive also.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                I see what you're saying here and I have to admit that sometimes fighters dont make themselves look too good when they do this, but any fair minded and sensible fan of the sport knows its not the fighter that scores the fight. After fighting twelve hard rounds and then having a microphone shoved in your face could make someone a little defensive also.
                I agree 1000%. You have to give the fighter alittle benefit of the doubt but when it's glaringly obvious and the fighter is adamant about it...well then it smacks of disengenioisness, conceit, and hypocrisy. Hence it paints the picture of the fighter being on board with a fix. Unfairly or not it is what it is.

Comment

Simple.

It's because fans are already upset that a robbery has occurred, only for the fighter who just got the gift, to say something that only riles them up more.

I actually liked Bradley's response (his in the ring interview) as that was the right thing to say after the close fight. Hell even if a fighter state "I thought I won the fight", would be OK to say.

But the problem is that some fighters claim they "clearly won" or that "the fans/viewing public has no idea what they are talking about", is what riles people up even more and causes them to dislike a fighter.

case in point....a few days after the fight, Bradley was talking about how he dominated the fight etc etc..

That's what turns people off. If you get a gift.....please shut the hell up about it and don't try to lie to yourself and the public.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                    I posted my comment and then read this, and I see we both agree.

To add, I'm also turned off how aggressive a fighter is in defending a b.s. decision, when some of that same aggression could have been used during the fight to actually win a few rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X