No announcement yet.

Melbourne stripped of Premierships for salary cap breaches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by woftam View Post
    Great news on Thurston. Would be great if Gasnier came back, but St George would have to dump some players to fit him under their cap if he does surely? What is Sonny Bill doing now? Still playing Union in France? I miss watching him play. What a talent that guy was. Pity his brain didn't match his ability. Walking out on his club like he did.
    St George are talking about squeezing him in this year and then back-ending his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      St George are talking about squeezing him in this year and then back-ending his contract.
      Really? You're kidding. This year?
      St George, like everyone else would be stretching their cap limit. This is just SUS.
      Gasnier's don't grow on trees & they don't come cheap.

Comment

Really? You're kidding. This year?
        St George, like everyone else would be stretching their cap limit. This is just SUS.
        Gasnier's don't grow on trees & they don't come cheap.
        Well he has had to rush back to Australia due to his wife's father being diagnosed with cancer, so I'm guessing he would basically be playing for nothing this season.

Noone is going to be trying anything shifty with the cap now mate, not with what has just happened to the Storm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
          Well he has had to rush back to Australia due to his wife's father being diagnosed with cancer, so I'm guessing he would basically be playing for nothing this season.

Noone is going to be trying anything shifty with the cap now mate, not with what has just happened to the Storm.

True, but perhaps he is getting a 3rd party deal?
          Gallop has copped a lot of criticism about losing players lately. See what I started? Perhaps he is responding? Whatever the reason there is no way a guy of that class will play for nothing. He could have auctioned himself to the highest bidder.

Comment

Great news on Thurston. Would be great if Gasnier came back, but St George would have to dump some players to fit him under their cap if he does surely? What is Sonny Bill doing now? Still playing Union in France? I miss watching him play. What a talent that guy was. Pity his brain didn't match his ability. Walking out on his club like he did.
            He's playing in the Top 14 for Toulon, Gasnier was reportedly a Rebels target, he's currently playing for Stade Francais. Gasnier is an average Union player, Sonny Bill starting to adapt really well.

Comment

True, but perhaps he is getting a 3rd party deal?
              Gallop has copped a lot of criticism about losing players lately. See what I started? Perhaps he is responding? Whatever the reason there is no way a guy of that class will play for nothing. He could have auctioned himself to the highest bidder.
              Yeah, I see what you are saying. It wouldn't shock me one bit if Gasnier ended up playing at the Rebels.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                He's playing in the Top 14 for Toulon, Gasnier was reportedly a Rebels target, he's currently playing for Stade Francais. Gasnier is an average Union player, Sonny Bill starting to adapt really well.
                Class backs are often wasted in Union, they just don't get enough quality ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Cheers.
                  Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                  X