No announcement yet.

..Weekend Fight Thoughts...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..Weekend Fight Thoughts...

Well, just my thoughts on the fights this weekend. Feel free to comment if you so choose.

Ward looked incredible. In a perfect world, heads wouldn't clash, fights wouldn't get rough and fighters wouldn't be trained to slug and duke it out. Well, as the newly homeless people of America will tell you, the world isn't perfect. It's a fight, not a dance. It got rough, it was fast paced and Ward isn't a dirty fighter. He used footwork, angles, guts, handspeed and overall will to win this fight. Confidence doesn't hurt. He got the job done. Congradulations to him.

Suddenly, me picking ANY American to win this overall tournement isn't looking like such a bad idea. =]

I have watched all of the Super 6 fights so far, and I don't think this tourney is going as badly as everyone thinks. I think people are judging this thing too harshly. If I told you that Ward would fight Kessler after only so many fights and dominate, Dirrell would lose his '0', but would keep it close and actually HURT Froch and that Abraham would be just as effective at 168 as at 160, you'd have said some good fights took place. Now, Dirrell-Froch wasn't a barn burner, it wasn't slow, either.

The fights have been solid, they've all gone on as scheduled, surprises have happened. I think it's been good so far.

It's a bit sad that Maidana has to wait for another big shot when he beat the guy who's already getting his. And I'm a Ortiz fan.

Mayol is a tough little bastard. Two close/tough fights with the best fighter in the world south of 140 pounds and then he comes back as the underdog and SMOKES the hard hitting Edgar Sosa. Hard work indeed pay off. Good win and good for him.

That's about all I got. Comment if you feel the urge.
Working...
X