Collapse
No announcement yet.

more sparring videos! (pretend bad lol)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jokes aside, I think you should go 20 % harder because its hard to get the form right on a punch if its in slow motion. When you go too slow and soft it turns into this unrealistic awkward dance.

Both wear face gear so it doesn't matter and you both seem smart sensible sparring partners so I think you can up the speed and power without going overboard or losing tempers, I also think you can handle a bit more speed and force

Comment

To me its massively about hip power thats what makes your punches fast crisp powerful etc, I would work on making the hips fire with snappy crisp power EVERYTIME instead of alot of teh time, thats where Id pool my efforts

Youve done a good job so far

Comment

I wish I was half as good as this these guys :/

Comment

Thanks Richard P, i'll practise that

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          Jokes aside, I think you should go 20 % harder because its hard to get the form right on a punch if its in slow motion. When you go too slow and soft it turns into this unrealistic awkward dance.

Both wear face gear so it doesn't matter and you both seem smart sensible sparring partners so I think you can up the speed and power without going overboard or losing tempers, I also think you can handle a bit more speed and force
          Thanks for the advice (and jokes!) AlexKid. The sad thing is, maybe i was going 100%😞 i always feel very slow with the 16oz gloves on

Originally posted by KOComplaints View Post
          I wish I was half as good as this these guys :/
          You're not far behind, trust me!
          Just keep enjoying it and training hard and you'll get there. Read everyone's advice here, always ask your trainer and other gym members for advice and most importantly, apply it!! Practise it!

Comment

Originally posted by AaronJW View Post
            Thanks Richard P, i'll practise that

Thanks for the advice (and jokes!) AlexKid. The sad thing is, maybe i was going 100%�� i always feel very slow with the 16oz gloves on

You're not far behind, trust me!
            Just keep enjoying it and training hard and you'll get there. Read everyone's advice here, always ask your trainer and other gym members for advice and most importantly, apply it!! Practise it!

No problem bro just keep working your hips, you are way more powerful than you realise, as new boxers you THINK you are doing 100% but you are wrong, you havnt got the most from your hips, overtime youll realise how insanely powerful you are, if you actively focus on improving your hip rotations.

When I first started I was shooting from the hip and I too thought because I was using my hip I was doing it as hard as I could, but over time I got more and more juice out of my hips and now I hit liek 20 times harder than when I first started and first got some form of hip use.

Its that mysterious thing that no one knows fcuk all about, pay close attention to your hips how they feel and how to improve them as you progress. Sometimes you throw a punch with a bit more power than the rest thats when you say hang on how did I do that, you keep attempting it untill all your punches are that powerful, then it will happen again and again as you brain and hips connect.

Also try pulling your real shoulder back as you punch that will add significantly more power if you are not already doing it. Pull your left shoulder back in a circular way, and you twist your right foot. Thats how the Russians torque their bodies and many of them hit very hard

When you have alot of speed and power it just makes boxing so much easier, you dont need as much skill in the other areas because their defenses are less effective your offense is better you beta them to the punch, when you trade blows they come off worse, your shots are harder to time and get out the way off, you tire far less with good hip use, its just a whole host of advantages that are very hard to compete with using ordinary skill.
            Last edited by AlexKid; 03-29-2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X