Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if ggg and jacobs roles were reversed....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if ggg and jacobs roles were reversed....

if jacobs knocked golovkin down, outlanded him in 9 of 12 rounds, fought on the frontfoot all night, landed over 50 more shots and buzzed him in one of the later rounds, would the same people who are complaining about the decision now, have been complaining saying golovkin was robbed and that jacobs got a gift?

It was close and up for debate. You gotta stop.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      if jacobs knocked golovkin down, outlanded him in 9 of 12 rounds, fought on the frontfoot all night, landed over 50 more shots and buzzed him in one of the later rounds, would the same people who are complaining about the decision now, have been complaining saying golovkin was robbed and that jacobs got a gift?
      If the fight played out the same way You would have GGG winning because he landed more power shots. As a ggg fan you are now emphasizing the jabs, which I understand, but you always have emphasized power shots over jabs when discussing other fights and other fighters.

I wish you were man enough to discuss the fight like an adult with people that disagree with how you scored the fight. All you do is chalk it up to black racism or an inability to score a fight.

Fights are scored by rounds. Being buzzed in a round doesn't mean GGG wins it. fighting on the frontfoot doesn't mean he won the fight. total compubox stats are a good barometer but, as we know, since fights are scored by rounds you can't just use the total compubox stats.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 03-23-2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        If the fight played out the same way You would have GGG winning because he landed more power shots. As a ggg fan you are now emphasizing the jabs, which I understand, but you always have emphasized power shots over jabs when discussing other fights and other fighters.

I wish you were man enough to discuss the fight like an adult with people that disagree with how you scored the fight. All you do is chalk it up to black racism or an inability to score a fight.

Fights are scored by rounds. Being buzzed in a round doesn't mean GGG wins it. fighting on the frontfoot doesn't mean he won the fight. total compubox stats are a good barometer but, as we know, since fights are scored by rounds you can't just use the total compubox stats.
        But then you'd have to talk about how a lot of those power shots from jacobs came from a different stance and were just "power shots" in that they weren't jabs but they weren't snapping GGGs head back like Golovkin's jabs were.

Anyhow, I believe Golovkin won more (time) of each round due to consistency and that ultimately waa the reason he won. He won more rounds..got the kd..did more damage and won longer periods in said rounds. Close, competetive fight but GGG clearly won. It's important to note what was going on when no punches were being thrown by either party (who was controlling and trapping as opposed to who looked like they were fully on the defensive). Not only that but toss in a clear, head snapping jab or two when Danny isnt throwing punches for long periods of time and it's not hard to see why GGG won more rounds.

Comment

My problem with you, drama, is that you never acknowledge your own biases. If the roles were reversed you would be emphasizing that the power shots landed were the determining factor in the fight.

Comment

Golovkin was the big dog and the more popular fighter so if the fight was within a couple points, regardless of what happened, people would lean towards the underdog Jacobs.

Welcome to life of being a fan of an elite fighter. You're not allowed to have close fights or everybody will scream robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              But then you'd have to talk about how a lot of those power shots from jacobs came from a different stance and were just "power shots" in that they weren't jabs but they weren't snapping GGGs head back like Golovkin's jabs were.

Anyhow, I believe Golovkin won more (time) of each round due to consistency and that ultimately waa the reason he won. He won more rounds..got the kd..did more damage and won longer periods in said rounds. Close, competetive fight but GGG clearly won. It's important to note what was going on when no punches were being thrown by either party (who was controlling and trapping as opposed to who looked like they were fully on the defensive). Not only that but toss in a clear, head snapping jab or two when Danny isnt throwing punches for long periods of time and it's not hard to see why GGG won more rounds.
              I have no issue with you feeling GGG won. I disagree, as do many others. One of the judges had the fight 7-5 and 8-4.

What is interesting is judge Steve Wieskopf had GGG winning the 1st 7 rounds, even the ones where Jacobs outlanded GGG. SO if he can score a round for GGG then its not awful that people score rounds for Jacobs where he was outlanded.

My only point is if the roles were reversed as the TS asked, he would favor the fighter that landed more power shots as he always does in every fight except this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                It was close and up for debate. You gotta stop.
                It wasnt up for debate lol. Jacobs lost. Only idiots think its up for debate

Comment

what happened to all that pro-American bias from judges people were crying about after Ward/Kovalev?

oh now the judges got it right huh. fuggin hypocrites.

anyway.. you don't use Compubox to determine who won. those numbers are always inaccurate. two guys ringside with clickers don't see every angle of action.

Jacobs dictated the pace of the fight (ring general). he nullified GGG's attack on the ropes with upper body movement, he threw combinations as opposed to single shots and he dominated in the pocket where GGG had no answer for the handspeed.

I had Jacobs winning comfortably.

and what happened to all the body language experts that analyzed Ward's reaction to beating Kovalev? GGG didn't look too sure of the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
                    It wasnt up for debate lol. Jacobs lost. Only idiots think its up for debate
                    It's up for debate.

Comment

Working...
                    X