Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Daniel Jacobs Discusses Loss To Gennady Golovkin, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Daniel Jacobs Discusses Loss To Gennady Golovkin, More

Daniel Jacobs Video Interview - Gennady Golovkin is still unbeaten as he defended his middleweight titles in a unanimous points decision against Daniel Jacobs after 12 rounds. Golovkin was pushed the distance for the first time since 2008 but the Kazakh boxer was too good at Madison Square Garden on Saturday as he improved to a flawless 37-0 (33 KOs) record.

[Click Here To Read More]

Jacobs won.

Comment

Jacobs exposed GGG as a good champion but far from great

Jacobs was a warrior the 1st GGG has ever faced that fought back hard for 12 rounds. Nothing could break Jacobs spirit and GGG realized it was a real fight for the 1st time. Jacobs next fight has to be a real tough one also. Say Saunders or Eubank or Charlo. My hat is off to the Jake for a great outing.

Comment

I'm fan of Danny Jacobs after that fight, he's the second best middleweight without a doubt. The fight was close, but Danny Jacobs did enough to get the W, he gave his all and wasn't scared of Golovkin's power in the second half of the fight and adjusted to his style, his reach and better hand speed was effective

Comment

How'd he expose him? Outside of Canelo (who is smaller) there is no other fighter with the combination of skill, will, size/length, and power of Jacobs at mw. Charlo isnt ready and nothing I've seen makes me think he ever will be (maybe he's young enough to meet GGG after he declines considerably so hes got that going). Eubank jr has Saunders problems...as in I don't see him as skilled enough to outfight GGG. Saunders just seems a clear class below.

None of these guys beat Danny let alone GGG. Canelo is the only maybe guy to beat GGG as he does seem to have a combination of stylistic advantage, power, skill, will, and temperament. Hate it or love it..Ward fans will have to put their hopes on Canelo and father time.

Ggg was too consistent for Jacobs. While Jacobs was resting or retreating/not punching GGG always had him on the defensive with his feet. Not only does it look bad to the judges but GGG was also scoring points with jabs during the lulls. GGG's rounds were clear and when you add them up he had a clear but competitive/close decision. GGG was just winning more time out of each round. If GGG is winning 2:30 of the round how can I give the round to Jacobs because he landed a few punches that weren't hurtful? If the only actions (when they weren't skirmishing) for 30-45 seconds at a time are the bigger challenger retreating and getting hit with head snapping jabs with NO retaliation then you have to be a fool to give that round to anybody but GGG.

Danny won *some* rounds...and didn't get downright dominated but that doesn't mean he won. This is boxing and if another guy gets more rounds, lands more, does more damage, and a knockdown he's going to win every single time. That's kind of how it works...

I give props to Danny but he fell short.
          Last edited by NearHypnos; 03-19-2017, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            How'd he expose him? Outside of Canelo (who is smaller) there is no other fighter with the combination of skill, will, size/length, and power of Jacobs at mw. Charlo isnt ready and nothing I've seen makes me think he ever will be (maybe he's young enough to meet GGG after he declines considerably so hes got that going). Eubank jr has Saunders problems...as in I don't see him as skilled enough to outfight GGG. Saunders just seems a clear class below.

None of these guys beat Danny let alone GGG. Canelo is the only maybe guy to beat GGG as he does seem to have a combination of stylistic advantage, power, skill, will, and temperament. Hate it or love if..Ward fans will have to put their hopes on Canelo and father time.
            We underestimated the focus of Jacobs and his chin especially with his skills. We won't be seeing this level of focus for a long time. Not with Jacobs.

Comment

dude is suffering from the "andre ward syndrome" yeah, sure man, GGG didn't hurt you at all

Comment

Working...
              X