Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Roach add to Pascal's game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao lost, Cotto lost, now Pascal too. He still got that Postol win though, so he probably still gets trainer of the year.

Comment

Pascal is shot...

Early in the fight, I noticed Pascal's lack of footwork, movement that has been a staple of Pascal's fighting style throughout the years; and attributed it to being part of the game plan (i.e. less excessive footwork to focus on counterpunching). I gave him the benefit of the doubt until the 4th round, when I realized "he isn't counterpunching or mounting any offense at all".

At times, he looked unsteady on his legs and, after the 3rd round, he visibly went into survival mode without much needed convincing from Kovalev. Whether he was shot physically or mentally or both, the version of Pascal that fought last night is not a top 10 fighter at 175.

Less than 108 total punches in 7 ****ing rounds? Seriously...? Even an asthmatic Jameel McCline would be embarrassed putting up those stats.

Comment

Fuck all, that's what he added.

But he did save Pascal from potentially getting murdered.

Comment

Nothing. .....

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
            Pascal is shot...
            Yea we already knew that. Kovalev's trainer has been saying that all along. But for some strange reason people are rejoicing like Kovalev beat a top 10 p4p fighter in his prime. And at the same time ignoring the fact that this was an unwarranted rematch. He beat the guy last year. Pascal looked horrible in his next fight. That's why JDJ kept saying Pascal is shot. But based on this fight people think Kovalev is going to demolish Ward. I just don't get this line of thinking.

And it wasn't just a random boxing fan or writer calling Pascal shot. It was a former shot fighter turned trainer.

Comment

roach told him to stay off the ropes and he did for the first few rounds but got lazy and tanked the majority of kovalev's bombs instead pascal is just not that sharp mentally when under pressure. same with the first fight. LOL at blacks blaming roach instead of pascal.

Comment

I think Pascal could of went on.. Roach stopped him because Pascal was embarrassing him what a way to protect yourself Roach..

Comment

Roach taught pascal how to lower his punch output

Comment

Originally posted by NUCLEAR View Post
                    roach told him to stay off the ropes and he did for the first few rounds but got lazy and tanked the majority of kovalev's bombs instead pascal is just not that sharp mentally when under pressure. same with the first fight. LOL at blacks blaming roach instead of pascal.
                    Roach is a moron

Comment

Originally posted by emre belozoglu View Post
                      Roach is a moron
                      LOL blame game activated.

Comment

Working...
                      X