Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Canelo Beating Danny Put Him Above TC or Loma P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Canelo Beating Danny Put Him Above TC or Loma P4P?

Canelo's got a long resume with lots of names. Of course, he's received some questionable decisions but he's top five at this point. Does beating the number two man possibly in his division raise him to number one or number two or at all?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    27.78%
    Are you crazy?
    22.22%

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Canelo's got a long resume with lots of names. Of course, he's received some questionable decisions but he's top five at this point. Does beating the number two man possibly in his division raise him to number one or number two or at all?
    He’s realistically number 1 and there’s really not one single credible argument you can make *if* we’re talking merit.

But if beating a p4p kingpin doesnt get him as #1, think beating Danny will? Lol.

Bud will just fight another Khan or Benavidez or some fringe 47 guy and Loma (though a better resume than Bud) will keep his resume with fights like Crolla. Funny that the dudes who are fighting and beating the top guys in their division get less hype than the ones who have looked good without doing it.

Arum magic I tell ya. The man is a genius at promoting real talent

Comment

I already have him ahead. He has the best resume.

Comment

Another tired thread Loma had to take the fight it was a mandatory.Crawford is calling out Spence Spence is just done fighting a midget and then thumped his chest and called out a fossil mr pac man.So I guess it’s spences way of saying I want the fight with Bud who knew?

Comment

...... No. Golovkin was #3 when he fought Danny. After he beat him, he remained #3. After that fight, Canelo got a gift draw, then a questionable decision by 1 round. He magically replaced Golovkin in #3 spot. It's highly arguable if he did enough to knock Golovkin out that #3 spot, and Golovkin was getting older.

In any case, beating a guy that Golovkin already beat, shouldn't do anything for Canelo, since it didn't do anything for Golovkin. The only way you can make some sort of an argument for this is if Canelo absolutely schools Danny and/or knocks him out - I'm talking Lomachenko / Walters type of performance.

Comment

Canelo is already #1 best combination of resume and skills imo.

Comment

Canelo will never be P4P #1 because he faces much stiffer competition than TC and Loma.

Nobody in Loma's resume is harder than Mayweather, Lara @ 154, GGG, Cotto at 160.

Same goes for Crawford, doesn't have someone who matches Mayweather at 152, GGG @ 160, or even Lara @ 154.

I would go even further than that and say neither Loma or Crawford has fought anyone as good as Cotto.

I would say Loma and TC have fought guys about as tough as Austin Trout.

The best win between Loma and Crawford is Rigondeaux, who came up two weight classes and because of that is only about as tough as Austin Trout.

Canelo fights harder opponents so he won't look as dominant. Let's see how TC looks vs Spence. Bet he won't look like a top 3 P4P fighter after that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                ...... No. Golovkin was #3 when he fought Danny. After he beat him, he remained #3. After that fight, Canelo got a gift draw, then a questionable decision by 1 round. He magically replaced Golovkin in #3 spot. It's highly arguable if he did enough to knock Golovkin out that #3 spot, and Golovkin was getting older.

In any case, beating a guy that Golovkin already beat, shouldn't do anything for Canelo, since it didn't do anything for Golovkin. The only way you can make some sort of an argument for this is if Canelo absolutely schools Danny and/or knocks him out - I'm talking Lomachenko / Walters type of performance.
                Good points and argument, sir. I wasjust thinking of it as Danny being number two in the division or number three which can be impressive if Canelo is dominant enough.

Comment

Hell no. The guy's last draw and win were HIGHLY questionable. P4P isn't about looking up boxrec, it's about analyzing how a guy actually looks in these fights. He looks to be at Golovkin's level (yes, I said it). A win over Danny isn't putting him above Bud and Loma, who have dominated everyone they've fought in recent years.

I should slap the shyt out of you for even suggesting.. (j/k, I know you're not implying anything w/ the thread)
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-23-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

No, loma beat the mighty linares in a true 50/50 fight between two elite fighters. Massive victory. No win canelo obtains can match up to that feat.

Comment

Working...
                    X