No announcement yet.

How do I get heavier in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get heavier in boxing?

I don't know why but I have a hard time gaining. I've experimented with boxing styles and I much more prefer boxing in lower stance rather than taller stance.
    I feel a good centre of gravity, feel like my punches are powerful and hit some mean monster body shots. I'm way too skinny for my height. I'd like to be like 180-200. I'm 5"11 and weight 150. I have a lean tall frame I despise the boxing tall style.
    I feel much more comfortable boxing lower stance.
    How can I achieve this?
    I eat alot too protein and ****, with the powders. I made progress by 10lbs but I still feel skinny. I have toothpick legs I hate that.

Read this this should help
    http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/hardcore.html

Comment

Don't go thinking you need to be a certain weight just yet. It's mostly dependent on your body frame's size, not so much on commonly-perceived height-to-weight ratio. Take Tommy Hearns or a similar fighter for example, they might be a cruiserweight or heavyweight's height, but a welterweight's weight. This is because of their body frame. You should focus more on the guidelines of being in tip-top shape (from appropriate boxing exercises, not weightlifting), and having 5-10% body fat. Then you will be at roughly your ideal weight, regardless of height.

Since I'm too relaxed at the moment to explain how to measure your frame size, a good link is (search "Body frame calculator" in Google and it's the first result. I can't post links until I achieve 15 posts).

Your ideal weight is all dependent on your body fat percentage, body frame size, fitness, and what weight you want to fight at. With that said, at the end of the day if you want to fight at a higher weight, then it's all up to you. I may not have answered your question directly, but you might want to consider what I've said. Good luck.
      Last edited by GymRat; 05-31-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrovampx View Post
        I don't know why but I have a hard time gaining. I've experimented with boxing styles and I much more prefer boxing in lower stance rather than taller stance.
        I feel a good centre of gravity, feel like my punches are powerful and hit some mean monster body shots. I'm way too skinny for my height. I'd like to be like 180-200. I'm 5"11 and weight 150. I have a lean tall frame I despise the boxing tall style.
        I feel much more comfortable boxing lower stance.
        How can I achieve this?
        I eat alot too protein and ****, with the powders. I made progress by 10lbs but I still feel skinny. I have toothpick legs I hate that.
        jose benavidez fights at light welter(140) and he's 5'11. he hits like a monster for how skinny he is. its really up to you if you wanna move up in weight but if you're already in the weight range i would suggest strengthening yourself at your current weight instead of going up to face the bigger guys that are already at their normal weights.

Comment

Working...
        X