Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jordan Peterson racist? what do black people think of him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan makes some good points, and some poor ones.

He is good at deconstructing some of the crazier things that the left say. I think this is why so many of the right want to suck his dick.

But he says some stuff which is just nonsensical. Like the way he tries to say everyone is religious - and the tortured logic he employs - makes it hard to take him seriously.

He's no Sam Harris. But he has said enough sensible things, and has provided valid food for thought, often enough that he warrants a listen.

I particularly dislike the way so many people have strawmanned him, and I think he usually manages to deal with it quite gracefully. People try to put really ridiculous words into his mouth, and he corrects them firmly but not aggressively - frankly in the same situation I'd be telling people to fuck themselves.

Comment

I haven’t heard or seen anything from him that I’d consider “racist”

Got any quotes?

Comment

Don't know him.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          Don't know him.
          Same. Think I'll look into it.

Comment

... In short:

Jordan Peterson used to be a clinical psychologist in Canada...

... at some point, he started making money on YouTube by endorsing "traditional male identity"...

... now he's also making money by delivering conferences worldwide in front of (apparently) "male conservative" audiences...

(psychologists are often making money from telling people what they want to hear...)

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post

He is good at deconstructing some of the crazier things that the left say. I think this is why so many of the right want to suck his dick.

But he says some stuff which is just nonsensical. Like the way he tries to say everyone is religious - and the tortured logic he employs - makes it hard to take him seriously.

He's no Sam Harris. But he has said enough sensible things, and has provided valid food for thought, often enough that he warrants a listen.

I particularly dislike the way so many people have strawmanned him, and I think he usually manages to deal with it quite gracefully. People try to put really ridiculous words into his mouth, and he corrects them firmly but not aggressively - frankly in the same situation I'd be telling people to fuck themselves.
              I really like the guy. The religious stuff I could do without, but the guy is on point on most other topics he talks about. I've probably seen 80% of his debates/interviews, and I've yet to see anyone get the better of him and it often leads to bomb throwing by his opponent and like you said, the way he handles himself is impressive because I would also tell some of these people to go **** themselves sideways with a 12 inch dildo.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                I really like the guy. The religious stuff I could do without, but the guy is on point on most other topics he talks about. I've probably seen 80% of his debates/interviews, and I've yet to see anyone get the better of him and it often leads to bomb throwing by his opponent and like you said, the way he handles himself is impressive because I would also tell some of these people to go **** themselves sideways with a 12 inch dildo.
                Go Out On a Limb

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                  A good friend of mine who happens to be black the other day started talking about Jordan Peterson, he seems to think he is racist and that Petersons message wont work for everyone.

I kind of held a neutral line on Peterson with him, didnt want to say that i have listened to much of his stuff, but I generally think Petersons message is quite positive, but my friend has a real negative view of him.

My question is, do you like Jordan Petersons work? Do you think he is racist?

What do you think of him if you are black?

Is there any evidence of him saying racist stuff that you can link to? I cant see it.

Comment

In this day and age all you have to do is just speak the truth in order to be branded racist, ****phobic, bigot, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post

I don't know if this is his argument per se, but he is an evolutionary psychologist so you have to place it into context. In evolutionary psychology, everyone is religious (literally) because humans have been proven to be genetically hardwired to possess the unique trait of religiosity unpresent in other species (regardless of their conscious beliefs).

I'm consciously agnostic but I'm human so my brain is still hardwired to make vague wordless pleas to the universe and consider "morality" in an abstract, self-justifying rather than consequentialist context. It's chemically inescapable & probably related to why historically irreligiousity has tended to coincide with societal decline & erratic fertility.

Again I don't know if that's his specific argument, but if it is, it's not a new or fringe one.

EO Wilson (IMO the most important scientist ever born) believed that religiosity is a critical component of human behavioral health regardless of how true or untrue the specific set of beliefs may be. Again via comparing human equivalents to indicators of societal decline in other species (in his case ants colonies)
                      Last edited by ////; 05-08-2019, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X