Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Grandpa called Wilder a bum. Is he right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
    Like I said, he's been watching boxing his entire life. It's the only sport he watches.

But just for fun, who would he have starched on this list?
    Well it's not the only sport I watch but it's my #1, and I'm an old fart too, just not 80.

Who? ....... Well, Patterson for sure, great athlete, fragile chin when beaten. Rocky, Louis, Frazier, Holyfield were a bit undersized and would be very vulnerable. RJJ, Ali, and Homes are the only ones that had the key to beating a dominant big guy.... THE JAB.

*PRIME* Tyson could have hurt him if he got to him early, the Douglas that beat Tyson might have lasted a few rounds before getting taken out (height a real factor there) and the Ruddock would have gone down in the 1st and never got up.

..... the Razor? why was he mentioned? Even Tommy Morrison sent him to la la land.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      He would flatten your grandfather.
      His grandfather would be one of Wilder's best opponents.

Comment

He’s richer and more of a man than your grandfather will ever be. Tell the old man to lay off the booze

Comment

Your gramps living in the past!

We in the 21st century now, pops! This the BRONZE ERA of heavyweight boxing! Massive men, brutal action, and devastating knockouts! If your blood pressure can't handle it, then sit your old Geritol sippin' ass down in the rocking chair, put one of your dusty Duke Ellington records on the victrola, and watch your old black and white films of Willie Pep prancing around like a Broadway showgirl.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
            He's pretty up there in age, but this is just what he thinks. He's been watching boxing for a very long time. It's the only sport he watches.

So we watched the fight at the house and after Wilder got the KO, I went in the kitchen to grab some drinks. When I came back, my Grandpa had a very angry look as Wilder was giving his talk in the ring and that's when my Grandpa picked up the remote and turned the channel.

I asked why did you turn it, he's still talking and he said "because he's a no-skilled bum! That's why!" I asked how was he a bum when he just KO'd a fighter with a great record in the first round and that's when he went on a rant.

"This guy doesn't have any skill at all. He relies on a huge right hand and that's it. THAT AINT BOXING!.

He then said, back in his day, fighters of his time would have wiped the floor with him.

So that's when I decided to have a little fun and asked him who would beat him.

He said back in his day, Wilder would have never seen the final bell against Marciano, Joe Louis and Floyd Patterson, Ali, Holmes, Frazier, Foreman, saying they had true technique and skill and would have made Wilder look foolish.

I asked him about the 90's heavyweights and he says Tyson, Holyfield, Buster Douglas, Razor Ruddock and Bowe would have beat him. I said "what about Lennox?" And he said Wilder would have knocked him out as Lennox chin wouldn't have held up as he fights lazy with his hands down at times being overconfident.

For fun, I asked him what about Roy Jones Jr when he was at HW and he says he would have RJJ favored, because he has the speed and quickness to make Wilder miss all night and doesn't believe he could hit him.

He does watch a LOT of boxing, but just thought I'd share this with you all.
            Hmmm. These bold quotes sound an awful lot lot Uncle Roger (Mayweather).

We never learned much about his kids...we know about a young unexpected son Damien he was training for a minute that disappeared. Could he have older secret sons that eventually became this poster's dad...?

Mighty suspicious

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Is your grandpa you by any chance?
              I wouldn't be surprised if he is his own grandpa

Comment

Beating wilder is easier said than done.

Not everyone is 6′ 9″ with an 85" reach like Fury who can keep his head out of Wilder's range for most of 12 rounds.

Wilder has enormous power and also speed and range with that power. Mostly 1-2 dimensions to that but 99% of boxers today cant crack it.

Most of those guys OP's "grandpa" rattled off, Wilder has a significant reach advantage. Are they quick and skilled enough to avoid his right hand? I think he gets 1 or 2 knockouts out of that list.

Comment

Damn man. You have eyes and a brain. Make up your own mind. How can any world champion be a bum????? That is insulting and stupid. In my opinion Wilder is a hell of a fighter and I think he is a better fighter now at age 33 than he was at age 29. He just scored a great one punch KO over a top 10 heavyweight who went 7 rounds with AJ. He did it in one round. He just made my top ten pfp list which no heavyweight has done for many years. I believe he will KO any heavyweight fighting today including AJ and Fury. Maybe grandpa needs new glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    its hilarious how you cant spot the subtle difference

wilder doesn whine about not being able to find guys to fight him....wilder doesn't claim to want to fight across 3 divisions and then avoid lara and ward.....wilder has yet to storm out of the ring, crying and refusing to talk to anyone, after getting his arse handed to him in a fight that he asked for....wilder didn't complain about not being able to get fights when he wouldn't negotiate weight with canelo and cotto who were smaller and coming up....

wilder has knocked down 2 of the top 4 heavies in the world......lil g cant knock top tier guys out or even down really...the Jacobs knockdown wasn't even nothing

but I cant expect someone as dumb as you to be able to spot the difference
                    Hw is trash and you praise him for knocking out 2 of the top 4? ****** when the division sucks it doesn’t matter who is ranked where when they are knocked out. I expose your bullish it and you revert to talking about GGG complaining. That has ZERO to do with the topic. Keep hating ******

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Hw is trash and you praise him for knocking out 2 of the top 4? ****** when the division sucks it doesn’t matter who is ranked where when they are knocked out. I expose your bullish it and you revert to talking about GGG complaining. That has ZERO to do with the topic. Keep hating ******
                      and the MW division wasnt trash before canelo got there?

you didnt expose anything but your own idiocy

like i said...wilder has knocked down 2 of the top 4 guys in division(hint he is one of them so he cant really knock himself down).....golovkin struggled mightily with the two top guys he faced

the HW division is no different than the MW division that golovkin "reigned" in .....and i didnt have to "revert" to anything...you mentioned golovkin yourself in the last post....and told me that i hated on him....so you brought him up you stupid twat...lol....you are awful

Comment

Working...
                      X