Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Grandpa called Wilder a bum. Is he right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Is your grandpa you by any chance?
    I wanted to ask the same question.

Comment

What? He's just a boxing fan just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        It’s hilarious how you hype up wilder with his sh it resume and opposition yet you trash GGG for doing the same thing and saying he fights bums.
        its hilarious how you cant spot the subtle difference

wilder doesn whine about not being able to find guys to fight him....wilder doesn't claim to want to fight across 3 divisions and then avoid lara and ward.....wilder has yet to storm out of the ring, crying and refusing to talk to anyone, after getting his arse handed to him in a fight that he asked for....wilder didn't complain about not being able to get fights when he wouldn't negotiate weight with canelo and cotto who were smaller and coming up....

wilder has knocked down 2 of the top 4 heavies in the world......lil g cant knock top tier guys out or even down really...the Jacobs knockdown wasn't even nothing

but I cant expect someone as dumb as you to be able to spot the difference

Comment

Wilder would send your Grandpa to a close casket memorial

Comment

Grandpa needs to drink a can of Ensure and go to bed cause I think he was a little lightheaded when he made those statements.

George Foreman..... technique?!......... yea right.

I'm not 80 but I'm old enough to have watched most of those fighters when I was a kid and half the names mentioned would have gotten starched by that right hand. Bringing your family into this or displaying that Gramps may be on the verge of senility isn't helping your cause of trashing the WBC champ.
            Last edited by club fighter; 05-20-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
              Granpa needs to drink a can of Ensure and go to bed cause I think he was a little lightheaded when he made those statements.

George Foreman..... technique?!......... yea right.

I'm not 80 but I'm old enough to have watched most of those fighters when I was a kid and half the names mentioned would have gotten starched by that right hand. Bringing your family into this or displaying that Gramps may be on the verge of senility isn't helping your cause of trashing the WBC champ.
              Like I said, he's been watching boxing his entire life. It's the only sport he watches.

But just for fun, who would he have starched on this list?

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                He's pretty up there in age, but this is just what he thinks. He's been watching boxing for a very long time. It's the only sport he watches.

So we watched the fight at the house and after Wilder got the KO, I went in the kitchen to grab some drinks. When I came back, my Grandpa had a very angry look as Wilder was giving his talk in the ring and that's when my Grandpa picked up the remote and turned the channel.

I asked why did you turn it, he's still talking and he said "because he's a no-skilled bum! That's why!" I asked how was he a bum when he just KO'd a fighter with a great record in the first round and that's when he went on a rant.

"This guy doesn't have any skill at all. He relies on a huge right hand and that's it. THAT AINT BOXING!.

He then said, back in his day, fighters of his time would have wiped the floor with him.

So that's when I decided to have a little fun and asked him who would beat him.

He said back in his day, Wilder would have never seen the final bell against Marciano, Joe Louis and Floyd Patterson, Ali, Holmes, Frazier, Foreman, saying they had true technique and skill and would have made Wilder look foolish.

I asked him about the 90's heavyweights and he says Tyson, Holyfield, Buster Douglas, Razor Ruddock and Bowe would have beat him. I said "what about Lennox?" And he said Wilder would have knocked him out as Lennox chin wouldn't have held up as he fights lazy with his hands down at times being overconfident.

For fun, I asked him what about Roy Jones Jr when he was at HW and he says he would have RJJ favored, because he has the speed and quickness to make Wilder miss all night and doesn't believe he could hit him.

He does watch a LOT of boxing, but just thought I'd share this with you all.
                The problem with Wilder, is his best win is an old Ortiz. That was a fight he was close to losing, as well. Not to mention, he got a ridiculously corrupt "doctor check-up" the round after he got dropped and was getting beaten. AKA, a recovery check-up.

Sure, it's the heavyweight division, and all it takes is one punch. But I don't believe for a second Wilder would always land that big punch and knockout all his opponents. When he faces guys like Wladimir, Lennox Lewis, or even Big George--- they can crack hard as well, and are generally seen as better fighters.

Hell, I'm not even sure Wilder could stop someone like George even if he landed a bomb. I also struggle to imagine how Wilder would keep a guy like Mike Tyson or David Tua off of him.

Comment

Wilder would have destroyed some boxers on that list, and would have fared pretty well against others. Your grandpa dksab.

Comment

Comment

Your grandpa is wrong. He sounds just like any other NSB poster here. Just because he wouldn't beat all time greats doesn't mean he's a bum. Wilder would have been okay mixing it up in the 90s, I don't know how successful he would have been, but he wouldn't be considered a bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X