Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: This Win Over Garcia Will Make Me 1# Pound For Pound!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
    Lomachenko is ranked #1, as was 97G at one point. Someone tell Spence the standards are only lower for Euro hype jobs. American fighters have to climb mountains before they're acknowledged
    Mountains? Name the other mountains Spence has climbed. Spence could genuinely beat Crawford AND Thurman and his resume is still not as good as Canelo’s.

I think Spence is an absolute stud but he’s years away from a a top spot at this rate (providing everyone keeps winning) because everyone up top is still making good fights against the best in their divisions.

Clear out welter, move up and grab a legit strap and THEN we’re talkin’ p4p#1 arguments

Comment

Calm down buddy.

After you beat the lightweight your best win will still be Brook coming off the Golovkin thrashing.

Donnie Nietes > Spence on the P4P list.

Comment

hahahahahaha errol spence is a joke. seriously. what has he accomplished??? beat brook who was coming off a devastating KO stoppage and draining back down to 147??? what else??? beating a much smaller fighter won't put him near #1 p4p. its a joke he is even in top ten p4p. give me a break hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Comment

For beating up on a smurf that showed little power at 140.

Comment

No bro, but if you jump 2 weight divisions and beat Canelo, you will be P4P #1

Comment

We have seen different standards of appreciation for these types of fights. Lomachenko and Crawford got a lot of hype from some fans for beating Rigondeaux and Gamboa in physical mismatches while Canelo and Golovkin were mostly ridiculed and got almost no credit for trashing Khan and Brook. The reasons are not very clear to me.

For me Spence beating Mikey convincingly would be a better win than any of those that I mentioned. Mikey is still in his prime, he has been active, he's better than these fighters and although he's smaller than Spence, he was champion in the division just below and he could have - or could have had - success in this division.

Comment

Canelo is another guy that proves the bias towards Eastern Euro's in the pound for pound ranks. Lomachenko and 97G were handed that spot. Spence has to clear out his division, move up, and win a title at 154? Canelo beat the boogeyman at 160, moved up, and they still rank a guy who got his ass beat by Salido over him. Was dragging an old featherweight up two divisions that impressive in the minds of the people making these lists?

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBricks View Post
                  Spence can't worry about P4P status.
                  Its all matter of opinion. It's imaginary.
                  These fans opinions change more than the weather.
                  All he can do is continue to dominate fighters that are willing to get in the ring with him.
                  Nobody dominating Mikey from 135 to 154 and for sure, Spence not dominating Mikey @ 147 Saturday!

Comment

Pick on someone your own size

Hey Spence this ones easy!!! If you want to be considered pound for pound #1 then pick on someone your own size!!!! You have everything to lose and not much to win with fighting Garcia. Your a middleweight who has the ability to dry out like a raisin in order to fight welterweights, now your fighting a jr welterweight moving up! You are a good fighter no doubt but as you age a little more and can't physically fight as welterweight we'll see how you do against fighters your own size or even fighters who do what you're doing but at a higher weight class you now have to fight then we'll see how good you are......or not.

Comment

Spence needs to be drug tested. He's obviously on something if he thinks this win puts him atop the P4P rankings

Comment

Working...
                      X