Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the most corrupt sanctioning body?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a shock that everyone is ****ting on the belt Joshua doesn't have, even though by Hearn's own admission, it's the most prestigious title.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      What a shock that everyone is ****ting on the belt Joshua doesn't have, even though by Hearn's own admission, it's the most prestigious title.
      Yeah this is part of what I find so confusing... WBC is the prettiest belt and the most "prestigious", but also the most corrupt?

Comment

All corrupt, the WBA is the worst...

Comment

WBC then its WBA. Both are really bad but this last few years the WBC have been a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

Damn you Joshua and Hearn haters sure cant stop yourselves talking about them. Did Joshua even need to go promote himself in the States? The Wilder fans dont even talk about Wilder they just constantly talk about Joshua. No wonder he is a bigger name over there than the American champ.

I picked the WBC not because of Joshua or Wilder its because the WBC across the weights do some very odd, questionable and outright wrong things.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              I would've said all except the IBF. But, after allowing GGG to keep the belt in the Vanes fight, despite refusing his mandatory, I changed my mind.

Anyway, I don't go by any of them.
              They did subsequently strip him though, didn't they? And they didn't sanction the Vanes fight. Given that Vanes was a late(ish) replacement for a fight that fell through and that Golovkin's position regarding his WBC mando obligation was never clarified (technically the WBCs mandatory conditions had not been met so in fact Jermall should probably have been ahead of D'Chenko in the queue) I think they acted entirely correctly in giving him a little extra time - and also entirely correctly in stripping him when he still chose not to fight Derevyanchenko within their deadline - though I do think they should have settled the rotation situation with the WBC before hitting GGG with it. I can't think of any precedent for an org forcing a fighter to fight his mandatory at such short notice, and certainly not after a withdrawal - Canelo only officially withdrew on 3 Apr a month before they were scheduled to fight.

For me it's the WBA, for all that I find Mauricio's public displays of adoration for Canelo all kinds of nasty. There's a weird irony that they actually do have Tank as their super champion, cos they actually kinda got it right for once (IMO at least) cos I think Tank likely is the best guy at 130 and certainly the best one ranked by the WBA... it's the way they got him there that smacks of corruption. How in hell do you strip a guy for not making weight and then give him back a better title than the one he had for fighting a guy who wasn't even ranked in the division - not to mention that the title in question was at the time held by a guy who'd actually won it against a ranked opponent (although actually Machado should never have been named 'super' champion either, having not made the requisite 5 defenses)?

Sturm and Shumenov are two other WBA 'Super' Champions who appear at the very least to have been the beneficiaries of WBA largesse on more than one occasion... by which I mean, in case it's unclear - they appear to have benefited by way of blatant corruption (certainly in the case of Sturm there was direct accusations of money changing hands). Not quite sure any of the other orgs are quite so blatantly obvious about their BS, though you're absolutely correct that none of them are to be trusted.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-26-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Interesting, the poll results tie in to what lparm is saying in the other thread

...that IBF is the most legit title now

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=807820

Comment

wbc by far

Comment

IBF is probably the LEAST Corrupt but that is not saying much. They're all Full of Sh#t!

Comment

The WBC easily. They make up rules and belts as they go.

Comment

Working...
                      X